Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter puneet888       25      
Status
Not open for further replies.

puneet888

Contributor
Verified
Hey guys yesterday on russian forum i read about a way to inject games using TABR.

Their method was a bit different , instead of using backup from ofw 4.81 they used backup from 4.70 and injected it into 4.81.

So i want to test this method , if anyone could upload their backup file from 4.70 becoz i dont have ps3 on 4.70.

Yooo,

Let's get straight to the topic.

I've recently read that if we had a backup made while the OFW WAS at 4.70 we could actually inject the games on to that backup and restore the ps3 with that same backup and the games would actually run. I'm kinda skeptical.

Any thoughts?

There was a 4.81 OFW method detailed HERE, but it ended up only working with some older games linked HERE.

Whether the method on the Russian forum is newer than that remains to be seen, if you have a link to it let us know and we'll try to translate it and see if anyone else here can make progress. :)

One more thing for 4.81 owners to keep an eye on is PS3 Convert & Inject v1.2 updates.

Barring any new Russian forum or SvenGDK developments that's my current understanding... if anyone knows more let us know :D

Restore function has been patched on 4.70+ OFW, all the edat files will not be restored from archive.dat in the backup, so those methods to activate games thru edat files go to an end.

To make the games work on 4.70+ OFW, there are three ways:

1. transfer data from a CFW console.
2. restore a backup that is directly from a 4.70 or lower console. in this way, files those to activate the games are all in the archive2.dat, so you can restore all the needed files on 4.70+ OFW.
3. if you get idps for your 4.70+ console, you can inject files directly to archive2.dat via ps3xport then restore the backup, profit.

Is 2nd method possible??

On either the elotrolado or pspx.ru forum (Can't remember which since I had to Translate them both), someone tested the #3 method and stated it didn't work. Has anyone else tested that and confirmed it to work?

As for #2, would the 4.70 backup have to be from the same console? If not, then you could just grab one from Youtube.

Restore function has been patched on 4.70+ OFW, all the edat files will not be restored from archive.dat in the backup, so those methods to activate games thru edat files go to an end.

To make the games work on 4.70+ OFW, there are three ways:

1. transfer data from a CFW console.
2. restore a backup that is directly from a 4.70 or lower console. in this way, files those to activate the games are all in the archive2.dat, so you can restore all the needed files on 4.70+ OFW.
3. if you get idps for your 4.70+ console, you can inject files directly to archive2.dat via ps3xport then restore the backup, profit.

Is 2nd method possible??
Isn't the problem that LIC.DAT is missing in the 4.81 backup after restoring?

Injecting to a 4.81 backup still shows EDAT files (ex. rw-rw-rw- 336 /dev_hdd0/game/NPEB90505/USRDIR/key.edat)

Best way would be getting your IDPS so you can inject directly to the copy-protected content.

If you have some time testing (I don't have a 4.81 console) I would suggest to try Method 1/2 combined with the 3rd, because I see that the game doesn't start because of wrong disc.

So I would try Method 3 afterwards, changing PARAM.SFO TitleID and PS3_GAME directory name to your Disc Game TitleID (newer game).

Here's how you could proceed:
1. Get your game and update ready with Method 1
2. Open PARAM.SFO file of your game (and update?) and change the TitleID to any game you own as Disc Game (look for the newest game)
3. Don't forget to rename your game and update folder to the disc TitleID too. (you should have a folder BLXX12345 and BLXX12345GAME)
3. Inject both folders to your backup and try running the game via Disc Game or directly choosing the game on the XMB

Maybe it could do some magic, but I didn't test it myself.

Isn't the problem that LIC.DAT is missing in the 4.81 backup after restoring?

Injecting to a 4.81 backup still shows EDAT files (ex. rw-rw-rw- 336 /dev_hdd0/game/NPEB90505/USRDIR/key.edat)

Best way would be getting your IDPS so you can inject directly to the copy-protected content.

If you have some time testing (I don't have a 4.81 console) I would suggest to try Method 1/2 combined with the 3rd, because I see that the game doesn't start because of wrong disc.

So I would try Method 3 afterwards, changing PARAM.SFO TitleID and PS3_GAME directory name to your Disc Game TitleID (newer game).

Here's how you could proceed:
1. Get your game and update ready with Method 1
2. Open PARAM.SFO file of your game (and update?) and change the TitleID to any game you own as Disc Game (look for the newest game)
3. Don't forget to rename your game and update folder to the disc TitleID too. (you should have a folder BLXX12345 and BLXX12345GAME)
3. Inject both folders to your backup and try running the game via Disc Game or directly choosing the game on the XMB

Maybe it could do some magic, but I didn't test it myself.
Well, I don't have access to a CFW console. Any CFW game downloaded from the internet will do ? If no, then someone with a CFW and OFW can try this and tell. Again, this looks on the lines of
https://www.psxhax.com/threads/ps3-...-cfw-guide-high-ban-risk.2645/page-7#comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back