Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello ladies and gentlemen, here is my Twitter to follow and new UDKUltimate Engine site!

As many of you know following my UDK Ultimate updates I've dedicated myself to a personal project, a game I'm developing in UDK Ultimate Engine, which I am going to soon publish here some trailers and a free demo for anyone to download.

So whenever I recently finished the demo for PC, I began to optimize it for Consoles (XBOX360 and PS3). So as you may know, I own a PS3 4K model (Super Slim 12GB), the legendary unhackable model, it was until recently.

Thanks to the efforts of PS3Xploit team, and many other PS3 Scene Devs, now anyone can enjoy homebrew games and apps on any PS3 through the installation of PS3HEN (which is stands for Homebrew Enabler).

So I after I installed PS3HEN on my PS3, I tried to run my game, it did not work, so after investigating and asking my friends of PS3 Scene, I learned that I had to do some changes on the EBOOT.BIN resign process so it will be able to run on PS3HEN.

So I did it, and got this working!!!!! This video however is showcasing the UDKUltimate Sample Game which I included on UDKUltimate Engine download (I want to avoid spoilers on my game).

Sorry for the bad quality of this video, it's because I can't capture footage from PS3, I don't have a HDMI capture card, only an EasyCap. So I used my old Smartphone just to show to anyone that it is working.

And nothing more just than sharing with everyone this new EBOOT.BIN, so anyone can now create, play and share their own games on ANY PS3.

Here is the link and mirrors for this new PS3 Update:
Just extract this folder to the main UDKUltimate Engine folder (i.e C:\UDKUltimate) and overwrite everything there.

This new and updated PS3 Game Template Folder has the new EBOOT.BIN already in place, so you just need to do the procedure to export your game for PS3 (the instructions are the same and are located in the Docs folder, file 2- Readme PS3 Export.txt).

As for those who want to recompile the PS3 Source Code in Visual Studio, nothing have changed, the only difference is that whenever using True Ancestor Resigner to resign the EBOOT.BIN, you just change output method to firmware 3.XX STD (instead of 4.XX STD), then follow the normal instructions.

Cheers for all and happy game making!!!

Creating a PS3 Game in UDKUltimate - Part I
Creating a PS3 Game in UDKUltimate - Part II
Testing the game on PS3
Testing the Game on XBOX360
Creating a PS3 Game in UDKUltimate - Part III
Creating a PS3 Game in UDKUltimate - Part IV
Gears of Kombat - Johnny Cage joins the Battle
UDK Ultimate PS3 Update V2 Create, Play and Share on Any PlayStation 3!.jpg

Comments

@PSXHAX
As always my friend, you ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for showcasing this project on you website news page. It's because of it that I proudly added PSXHAX logo to this project :D:D:D

@drieant
Yeah my friend, download and try it, you will love :D :D :D

@Gelson
Hey bro blz! Yes dude, I'm proud BR, Arab descent BR (Turkish :D :D :D :D)

@poganini7
Thanks my friend, I am happy to give this small contribution to the gaming community, as everything I learned and still learn in game development is thanks to the help of this amazing community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back