Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter batman       Start date Dec 6, 2015 at 9:03 AM       46      
Status
Not open for further replies.
EVER DREAMED ON CREATING A GAME FOR PS3 AND XBOX360 FOR FREE? NOW YOU CAN!!!

https://sites.google.com/view/udkultimate/

UDK Ultimate - The Free Multi-Platform Homebrew 3D Game Engine.jpg

GETTING STARTED
First and foremost, please install DirectX 9.0c:

DirectX 9.0c End-User Runtime

The UDKUltimate engine folder has almost 13GB of size, it is a complete game development suite. I was able to compress it into a single 7zip file with 5.67GB of size.

For the sake of keeping this project FOREVER over the Internet, I decided sharing UDK Ultimate via bit torrent protocol and by uploading it to multiple Mega.nz accounts. I hope people help to spread this project by seeding it as much as you can on torrent, and by downloading it from my Mega.nz accounts and uploading it to any other file sharing sites and help me by making more mirrors of the file.

Here is the torrent:

UDKUltimate.7z.torrent

Here are the other mirrors so far (I will keep adding new mirrors):
After you download this 7zip file, extract it to your "C:" drive, so the final engine folder will be "C:\UDKUltimate".

For the sake of commodity I created a folder called "UDKUltimate Desktop Shortcuts", which contains all the shortcuts setup for ALL the tools you are going to use, like recompile script, start editor, test game, cook game, and so on. So as soon as you "install" UDKUltimate, you just open this folder (I recommend you to send a shortcut to your desktop to make it more accessible), and click first on UDKGameWin64-ScriptMake (or Win32), to recompile all the game scripts. Then you click on UDKGameWin64-GameAssetsDatabase (or Win32), to update the game assets database, and for last you click on UDKGameWin64-StartEditor (or Win32), to start UDKUltimate Editor. If everything runs fine and you don't receive any error message it means that UDKUltimate is correctly "installed" and "ready to rock".

However, remember that UDKUltimate is an enhanced version of original UDK Engine (Unreal Development Kit) from Epic Games (Unreal Engine 3), and to you be able to use it you need to study Unreal Engine 3. There are plenty of YouTube video tutorials about UDK, and as well Epic has a very useful website, Unreal Developers Network (https://docs.unrealengine.com/udk/Three/WebHome.html) with plenty of information and useful tutorials.

As for beginners, I recommend THIS series of tutorials from World of Level Design (these are the same tutorials I studied whenever I first learned about UDK/UE3).

As for other details like exporting your game to consoles (PS3 and Xbox360), continue reading the other readme files from "UDKUltimate\Docs" folder.

Any doubts and support, feel free to contact me at [email protected], though I can't guarantee to answer all emails.

Cheers

:)

UDKULTIMATE RELEASE TRAILER

UDKULTIMATE VIDEOS SHOWCASE

1- WHAT IS UDK ULTIMATE?
This is a modified version of EPIC's UDK (Unreal Development Kit) Game Engine which supports exporting your game for XBOX360/PS3/PC WITHOUT the need to be a Registered Game Developer for Sony (PlayStation) or Microsoft (XBOX360), something that a LOT of folks always dreamed with.

2- CAN I CREATE A GAME FOR XBOX360 AND PS3?
On the first release, only exporting for Xbox360 was fully supported. You can create a game and play it on any RGH/JTAG Xbox360 console. As for PS3, thanks to EpicError and PixelButts, PS3 CFW is fully supported now (they fixed the issue with PS3 Exporting, and that's the main reason for this new release), so the games created with UDK Ultimate now can be exported to PS3 and run on ANY CFW, no need for devkit.

3- DO I NEED A DEVKIT, OR PS3/XBOX360?
No, you don't need any console devkit. For Xbox360, you don't need nothing, not even the Xbox360!!! But for PS3, unfortunately, you need to have the PS3 3.0 Installed and Configured Correctly, even for just cooking the maps for PS3.

4- CAN I PLAY THESE GAMES ON ANY RETAIL CONSOLE?
No, the games created in UDK Ultimate only run on Hacked Consoles (because only these can run unsigned/unofficial code). It runs on any XBOX360 JTAG/RGH (Slim and Slim E). You can even run the games from a USB Stick, by using a Xbox360 File Manager Utility (XEXMenu, FreeStyle Dash,...). As for PS3, it must be installed to the HD as a PKG game using a package manager utility.

5- DO I NEED TO KNOW C++ PROGRAMMING?
No, the exporting process for consoles is very easy, is ALMOST like "Menu > Export > XBOX360 / PS3". But you do need to learn how to use UDK/Unreal Engine 3 to be able to create a game using UDK Ultimate, you need to study unreal scripting, 3D Modelling, Animations, and so on. Youtube is your best friend.

6- WHAT ABOUT THE LEGALITY OF UDK ULTIMATE?
It falls under the category of Homebrew Development, which everyone knows is not Supported, nor Authorized by the Game/Softwares Companies. However, i am sure no Company will ever do something about this, until this begins to cause them damage. And the most common type of damage is financial, which means, when you use their software illegally for making profit (money) with it. It means, NEVER SELL ANY GAME CREATED WITH UDK ULTIMATE WITHOUT EPIC/SONY/MICROSOFT LICENSE. There are a lot of people in the Homebrew Development Scene, which create and share their own games for PS3 and XBOX360, and I never heard about someone who suffered any legal consequences for creating and sharing a homebrew game (so long as it does not use any copyrighted material, like 3D models from commercial games, and the like).

7- WHO ARE YOU AND WHY YOU DID IT?
I am from Brazil, however, I can't reveal my real identity, I use a lot of nicknames over the Internet. But I am a normal guy, I love Gaming, I am a truly passionate Game Designer by hobby and Web Designer/Developer by Profession. And my love for Game Development, my extreme passion is what motivated me for doing this. I always had a dream to be able to create and play a game on consoles, from since Super Nintendo. Although today PC is a very good platform for gaming, anyway, I think consoles still hold a special place on the hearts of many gamers, especially the older ones (like me :)) who grew up playing game consoles in front of a TV screen.

However, I was only able to do this with the help of a lot of folks who supported me from since the beginning of this project almost 2 years ago, which i will credit them below.

8- CREDITS:
I would like to thank all these guys below, because i was only able to complete this project with their valuable help and support.

GOD for giving me a brain to think and learn things;

PSXHax Admin, which was the guy who supported me by giving me the complete PS3 3.00, and also a lot of PS3 material and stuff which was also essential to me be able to compile UE3 for PS3. Also, he helped me with promoting my Project on his Website. This Project is sponsored by psxhax.com

Beta (Gh0stBlade) from Beta Archive, which helped me with my first contact with C++ and Visual Studio, and also oriented me on where to go and what to do to compile Unreal Engine 3 Source Code, and recently he was the responsible for fixing up Bink Video Source Code for PC and Xbox360;

Bradez from Beta Archive, which was the guy who helped me to port UDK to Xbox360, because he is a Xbox360 dev, he owns a Xbox360 Devkit, and he was essencial in fixing a lot of bugs and errors on the UE3 Xbox360 Source Code;

Pixelbutts and EpicError from AssemblerGames for fixing PS3 Support and Compiling;

TheUE3unimatrix from ObscureGamers for giving me some updated Unreal Engine 3 source code components;

aerossoul94 from Next Generation Update, which was the guy who first helped me to port UDK to PS3 and make it run first on his PS3 Devkit. He also helped me with testing and debugging it on his PS3 Devkit;

SockNastez and xetafin from PSXHax.com for testing and debugging UDKGame on their PS3 CFW;

Voxel Studios from AssemblerGames for testing and debugging UDKGame on his PS3 CFW;

hexxellor, spyro2670 and SuperSaiyen from PSXHax.com, which were the first people to help me with testing the UDKGame on PS3 CFW;

Snipe34 and 661gaz from Unreal Engine Forums for helping me with Unreal Scripting and recreating the GOW Chainsaw Execution in UDK;

Shindiggity and TKBS from Unreal Engine Forums for helping me with Unreal Scripting and implementing Hitmask Effect to simulate blood wound on enemies body;

9- UDK ULTIMATE 2017 CHANGELOG AND IMPROVEMENTS:
- Recompiled UDKGame Binaries both 32 and 64 Bits;

- Improved Stability and Compatibility over last UDK Engine (Feb 2015 Build) thanks to recompiling of the binaries with EPIC_INTERNAL_FLAG (no random crashes);

- Fully PS3 CFW Support, improved PC and Xbox360 support;

- Fully Adobe Flash Scaleform support for all platforms;

- Added Bink Video Loading Support for PC and Xbox360. As PS3, unfortunately we could not fix the Bink Video Source Code to work on PS3;

- Removed iOS support because UE3 2011 Source Code is know to have a bug for exporting to iOS (use UDK Engine February 2015 for iOS export);

- Completely new and revamped UI made in Flash / Scaleform (source flash files included for easy editing);

- Added basic gameover screen which resets game (kismet and flash scaleform);

- Improved FBX Material Import, autoset double sided materials on imported meshes which have one side poly (avoid unwanted poly culling);

- Improved FBX Mesh Import, autoset "Enable PolyColl and Shadow Casting" for multiple meshe's ID (multi material meshes). This is very handsome whenever importing too many FBX meshes for modular level design, no need to manually set this for each imported mesh;

- Custom Gore System: blood spills from enemies on shoot, bloody wounds on enemies body, blood splash on walls, custom physical gibs system. However, Hitmask (bloody wounds on enemies body) don't work on PS3 (it crashes the system). I think it happens because Hitmask component of UE3 Source Code is not ported to PS3;

- Added basic Gears of War 3rd Person Shooter Gameplay Template;

- Added default UTGame First Person Shooter Gameplay Template;

- Enhanced Characters Animation Tree (new animations included);

- Basic Melee Execution System: Gears of War Saw Execution;

- Gears of War Model Pack: Characters, Weapons and Environmental Objects (props). Important: as for PS3, everything works perfectly (GOW Weapons and Characters), except GOW props (static meshes). That's because GOW Static Meshes were extracted directly from upk and recooked in UDK Ultimate, but for PS3, the PS3Tools.dll can't cook a recooked static mesh, that means if you want to use some Gears of War Props on PS3, you need the extract this prop using Unreal Model Viewer (included on the download), then import this prop on 3dsmax, then export it to UDK Ultimate as FBX, and recreate the package. As for PC and Xbox360, they are ready for use;

- Realistic Balistic Weapons: All GOW guns shoot real bullets influenced by physics;

- Added bullet shell eject effect on All Custom GOW Guns;

- Basic TeamGame Match Setup: Gears of War Heroes x Locust Army;

- Basic Cutscene Matinee Animation Template with kismet;

- Full Unreal Tournament 3 Script (Classes) Source included;

- Many Unreal Tournament 3 Models, Animations and Effects Pack ported to UDK;

- All other UDK Engine Features included (except some new features like substance procedural materials system);

- Included useful Third-Party Tools like Unreal Engine Model Viewer, Unreal Engine Scripts Decompiler, Unreal X-Editor, UnrealScript Plugin for Notepad++;

- All custom Art Assets included, like Gears of War 3D Models in 3dsmax format, all custom logos, banners, wallpapers and icons in Photoshop format, all promo material included the Release Trailer in After Effects format and Adobe Premiere Editing;

- New Docs folder with more complete instructions on how to install and use UDKUltimate;

10- COPYRIGHTS INFORMATION
- Epic Games, Inc. All rights reserved. Epic, Epic Games, the Epic Games logo, Unreal, Unreal Engine, Unreal Development Kit, UDK, Unreal Tournament, and the Unreal Tournament 3 logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Epic Games, Inc. in the United States of America and elsewhere;

- SCE, Inc. All rights reserved. PlayStation, PlayStation 3 and PS3 Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. in Japan and elsewhere;

- Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Microsoft, Windows, Windows 7, the Windows logo, Xbox360 and Xbox "Sphere" logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States of America and elsewhere;

- UDKFrontend by user research from Epic Games Forum

- UEViewer by Gildor

- UE Explorer by Eliot

- UnrealXEditor and Unreal Script Wizard by ryanjon2040

- Unreal Tournament 3 and Gears of War Assets by EPIC Games

- GOW Content for UT3 by UX.Loki

- SK3 Gears of War Weapons UT3MOD

Comments

I was trying to comment on this on PS4News, but verification wouldn't work for some reason.

I just wanted to say great job on this batman. You've devoted a lot of time and effort into this project, and it's definitely one that's unique.

Great job!

I was trying to comment on this on PS4News, but verification wouldn't work for some reason.
Yeah, I ran out of time for the moment so ended up redirecting the error page here... will 'play' more tonight with psxhax.com.

@FireShooter88 if you are a Game Developer (I noticed the title) and want to be made a Dev here I can add ya of course lmk. ;)

Hello mate, and be welcome to try to complete the PS3 Export Support. If you have good skills in C++, just shot me a PM.

Cheers.

If you are gonna try and compile the source be very careful I caught the exact error it returns as it is showing me a lv2diag stuff when signed retail. If you look at the ******* 3.0 this is completely different then 3.4 even tho it shod be the same.
But thanks to batman for the great job on this project
Eboot.bin reads as metaldr
Metaldr= loads other loaders if you don't know.

After doing a bit of digging inside of this to figure out what's going on I finally figured out exactly t resigners are causing your data to 0 out at the bottom. Take your origonal and use a manual tool to extract eboot and sprx now you need to compare them with HXD and you will notice the end data changes and blanks out I had to manually add it in to the elf n prx file but mine were modified eboot n sprx files

Hello, I wanted to send a PM to you regarding this but I figured probably someone else might like to know.

Is there a way to get the 360 and PS3 cooking function on the last version of UDK ? (the one from 2015) ?

The last version is more bug free and also has a little more features that i would like to use :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back