Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Mar 6, 2017 at 11:59 PM       26      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following his previous update, PlayStation developer @batman has been hard at work on the Unreal Engine 3 free multi-platform 3D game engine known as UDK Ultimate with the help of developers @PixelButts and @epicerror, and below are some recent 2017 updates and video demos for those anxious to create your own games for PC, PS3 and XBox 360 complete with a type of Gears of War Creation Kit! :love:

With the addition of PlayStation 3 support after sorting out the PS3 export issue, he confirmed that games created in UDK Ultimate will be able to run on both the XBox360 RGH and any PS3 with Custom Firmware (CFW) meaning PlayStation fans will no longer will need a DECH / DEX developer console to experience it. :thumbup:

There is still work to be done, but he let us know a UDK Ultimate release is not too far off... until then, check out their new UDK Ultimate YouTube Channel with some demonstration videos below!

UDK Ultimate Unreal Engine 3 Video Demos, 2017 Updates by Batman.jpg

Comments

Awesome!

I can't wait for that gears of wars support online with PS3. If possible? :)

Hello dude.

No, we are not porting Gears of War to PS3, we are porting Gears of War Assets to UDK Ultimate Engine to allow you to create a new (or remake) Gears of War Game, or any other game. You will have ALL the power of Unreal Engine 3 to create HOMEBREW games and play them on PC, Xbox360 and PS3. However, as a plus, a kit, I included a kind of Gears of War Model Pack, so you can use them to create a game based on Gears of War, like a paralel history, an alternative history of Gears of War.

But UDK Ultimate is not only for gears of war, no you can create ANY KIND OF GAME, racing, shooter, platformer, adventure, RPG, anything. But you need to have skills for doing this, and you need to learn Unreal Script, which is the main programing language of UDK Ultimate.

Cheers.

So you mean that you can use unreal engine 3 to modify a game and port it to ps3? dont you need ESRB lisence for that? also it is possible for us to do it?

So you mean that you can use unreal engine 3 to modify a game and port it to ps3? dont you need ESRB lisence for that? also it is possible for us to do it?

No.

However now you can use Unreal Engine 3 to CREATE a HOMEBREW FREE GAME for PS3. This is not a MOD Tool for a Game, this is a Modified Version of the UDK Engine created by EPIC Games.

Hello friends. After I release UDK Ultimate, I will try to find a way to make it run on OFW, so anyone will be able to create and play homebrew games on their OFW PS3.

But about OFW is not simple that way. My idea, I need to test if this will work, involves yes Backup Injection, however, I am not going to use UDK Ultimate itself, because the UDK Ultimate Eboot.bin is not signed, so it never will run on a OFW.

What I plan to do is to use Unreal Tournament 3 PS3 Eboot.bin which is signed to run UDK Ultimate Content Files, because the original UDK Engine and Unreal Tournament 3 they use the same codebase (Unreal Engine 3), and althought they are different engine versions, however, what I plan to do is to use Unreal Tournament 3 Editor to create a map, compile this map for PS3 using the official PS3 Mod Tools, then I will try to modify the Unreal Tournament 3 PS3 Game Files to run my modified game files. Is a kind of directly modding the Unreal Tournament 3 PS3 Game Files.

Unreal Tournament 3 PS3, I think was the first console game to support MODs created in a PC (similar to Fallout 4), but the problem with the mod tools, is that it needs that the end user has the Unreal Tournament 3 game disc to play these modifications. My idea will be to hack Unreal Tournament 3 PS3 game files to make the possibility of installing the MOD by just replacing the game files manually (injecting these modified game files to the PS3 using the injection backup method).

But now I need to focus on finishing UDK Ultimate for PS3 CFW, then I will dig up on this.

And to my friend SockNastez man, I will soon send you another testmap for testing to me on your PS3 CFW ok? I did not send another test because I was studying on how to port GOW weapons to UDK Ultimate, and now as I already finished that step, I will compile this last testmap UDK Ultimate Total Carnage for you test on your PS3 CFW.

Cheers.

Yeah sure feel free to, I got a big HDD for my PS3 on OFW so if you ever want to send a testbuild for OFW backup I would be happy to test it out. My PS3 CFW is same as always :p
Do you want me to record the UDK Ultimate Total Carnage in HD?

No.

However now you can use Unreal Engine 3 to CREATE a HOMEBREW FREE GAME for PS3. This is not a MOD Tool for a Game, this is a Modified Version of the UDK Engine created by EPIC Games.
is there any turorials about learning the library and creating some basic functions for this engine? i'd like to check them! thanks

Yeah sure feel free to, I got a big HDD for my PS3 on OFW so if you ever want to send a testbuild for OFW backup I would be happy to test it out. My PS3 CFW is same as always :p
Do you want me to record the UDK Ultimate Total Carnage in HD?
Yeah my friend, I am going to send you the UDK Ultimate Total Carnage for PS3, however, a small bug appeared now whenever i tried to compile these custom guns for PS3, it`s not compiling them to PS3. I figured out it maybe something with the scripts syntax or these custom models. Because i ripped them directly from the GOW Assets for UT3 ported by another forum user from the Unreal Tournament 3 Comunity. I need to fix this then I will send to you do this test and record for me, ok?

Cheers.
is there any turorials about learning the library and creating some basic functions for this engine? i'd like to check them! thanks
Hello dude. Yeah, Youtube is your best friend, because UDK Ultimate is exactly the same engine as UDK Engine (Unreal Development Kit), just is a modified version of the engine, and enhanced version, but anything which works on UDK, will work on UDK Ultimate.

You can checkout the official Unreal Engine Developers Network, it has an unvaluable ammount of information:

https://udn.epicgames.com/Three/

is it possible to port a diferent game like "mass effect, deus ex, or injustice" avatars to play with them in unreal tournament?

is it possible to port a diferent game like "mass effect, deus ex, or injustice" avatars to play with them in unreal tournament?
Hello dude, yeah it`s possible and is very simple, there is no need to use UDK Ultimate, just use the standard UT3 Modding Tools.

A lot of guys have done this from a long time ago, porting characters from other games to Unreal Tournament 3, even for UT3 PS3 Version (which supports user created mods).

https://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads.php?do=cat&id=56

I used these GOW characters ported to UT3 by UX.Loki:
https://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=2644_COG-Team

I have ported them to UDK, which was basically decrypt the UT3 Package using unreal Model Viewer, import them to 3dsmax, adjust the rigging skinning to make the characters one piece (because the arms head and legs and torso are all detached), then export them to UDK Ultimate.

Just another test running on Xbox360. Soon we will have a new test running on PS3. Stay connected :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back