Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Mar 6, 2017 at 11:59 PM       26      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following his previous update, PlayStation developer @batman has been hard at work on the Unreal Engine 3 free multi-platform 3D game engine known as UDK Ultimate with the help of developers @PixelButts and @epicerror, and below are some recent 2017 updates and video demos for those anxious to create your own games for PC, PS3 and XBox 360 complete with a type of Gears of War Creation Kit! :love:

With the addition of PlayStation 3 support after sorting out the PS3 export issue, he confirmed that games created in UDK Ultimate will be able to run on both the XBox360 RGH and any PS3 with Custom Firmware (CFW) meaning PlayStation fans will no longer will need a DECH / DEX developer console to experience it. :thumbup:

There is still work to be done, but he let us know a UDK Ultimate release is not too far off... until then, check out their new UDK Ultimate YouTube Channel with some demonstration videos below!

UDK Ultimate Unreal Engine 3 Video Demos, 2017 Updates by Batman.jpg

Comments

I wonder who made that first video ;)

Anyways cool I haven't gotten an update for this in a long time. @batman I am willing to test on OFW, I am guessing CFW is all taken care of. I may have a way you can use this on OFW it will have restrictions. You can PM me if you want more info.

I wonder who made that first video ;)

Anyways cool I haven't gotten an update for this in a long time. @batman I am willing to test on OFW, I am guessing CFW is all taken care of. I may have a way you can use this on OFW it will have restrictions. You can PM me if you want more info.
Is "Restore a backup" really that broken?

Is "Restore a backup" really that broken?
Ugh it's not as simple as "Restore a backup", after all this is YOUR project so a premade backup won't be available towards you. When did I say it was broken? :D

All I said was it would have restrictions which is true. The OFW thing is for people making there own projects sure you can use the restore backup method with other peoples projects, but if you are someone who wants to make his/her own project restoring a backup won't be as easy in that situation if you only have an OFW and no CFW.

I am just gonna take a guess your next statement will be "Then ask someone on CFW do make the backup for you.". My response to that is that it's just a big waste of time to do that. I play a small role in this project the first video look at the description. I might as well try my best to help. :)

Hello friends. After I release UDK Ultimate, I will try to find a way to make it run on OFW, so anyone will be able to create and play homebrew games on their OFW PS3.

But about OFW is not simple that way. My idea, I need to test if this will work, involves yes Backup Injection, however, I am not going to use UDK Ultimate itself, because the UDK Ultimate Eboot.bin is not signed, so it never will run on a OFW.

What I plan to do is to use Unreal Tournament 3 PS3 Eboot.bin which is signed to run UDK Ultimate Content Files, because the original UDK Engine and Unreal Tournament 3 they use the same codebase (Unreal Engine 3), and althought they are different engine versions, however, what I plan to do is to use Unreal Tournament 3 Editor to create a map, compile this map for PS3 using the official PS3 Mod Tools, then I will try to modify the Unreal Tournament 3 PS3 Game Files to run my modified game files. Is a kind of directly modding the Unreal Tournament 3 PS3 Game Files.

Unreal Tournament 3 PS3, I think was the first console game to support MODs created in a PC (similar to Fallout 4), but the problem with the mod tools, is that it needs that the end user has the Unreal Tournament 3 game disc to play these modifications. My idea will be to hack Unreal Tournament 3 PS3 game files to make the possibility of installing the MOD by just replacing the game files manually (injecting these modified game files to the PS3 using the injection backup method).

But now I need to focus on finishing UDK Ultimate for PS3 CFW, then I will dig up on this.

And to my friend SockNastez man, I will soon send you another testmap for testing to me on your PS3 CFW ok? I did not send another test because I was studying on how to port GOW weapons to UDK Ultimate, and now as I already finished that step, I will compile this last testmap UDK Ultimate Total Carnage for you test on your PS3 CFW.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back