Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PC Gaming       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jan 5, 2019 at 11:41 PM       10      
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've seen a PS4 Testkit Running PT, Playable Teaser PS4 Model Data / Textures, P.T. PlayStation 4 Resources and a P.T. PS4 Retail Demo and although Silent Hills was cancelled with Sony removing P.T. from the PlayStation Store developer RadiusGordello (Twitter) recently made available a free fan remake complete with VR (Virtual Reality) support for Windows! :geek:

Download: Unreal PT.zip (633 MB)

To quote from the Unreal PT release page: What is Unreal PT

Unreal PT is a short psychological horror game, completely recreating the atmosphere and gameplay of the PT originally published on the PlayStation 4.

About the Making of Unreal PT

Unreal PT was under constant development over the course of 9 months, starting in April 2018 and ending in January 2019. Textures, models, animations, gameplay, and code have been recreated from scratch (more details on this in the development logs).
Specs/Technical

Performance: The game has been optimized; however, there are graphics options to help further increase performance if you have a less powerful GPU.

Minimum Tested Specs:
  • CPU: i3-7100U 7th Generation with Intel HD 620
  • GPU: Integrated
  • RAM: 8GB DDR4
  • HQ SSR Turned off and resolution at 35% gets ~30fps with these specs
Gameplay Notes

Supported controls:
Mouse + Keyboard, Playstation and Xbox controllers, VR motion controllers.

Additional Notes: The gameplay is nearly identical to the original. The biggest difference is the very end of the game has been changed slightly to make beating it more consistent. The controls are explained as the game progresses, but if you get stuck at any point I've included two text files in the main directory, one with the controls, the other with a guide on how to beat the game.

VR

I've been looking through forums, and it looks like VR is completely busted and has multiple issues. You are welcome to try it, but I don't recommend it.

NOTE: The game will automatically start in VR mode if you have a VR headset connected.

I hope you guys enjoy playing this as much as I loved making it!

Install instructions

Unzip the download to your preferred location. Once that is done, go into it and launch PT_2.exe

Unreal PT Release Trailer Free Horror Game
Cheers to GameSpot.com for the news via @oneman123 on Twitter! :beer:
Unreal PT Unreal Engine Windows PC VR Remake by RadiusGordello.jpg

Comments

@Elem3ntal I don't know any resolution commands (yet) but if you where to lower the fps to something like 30fps it should help with overall performance. Although it will suck to play with low fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back