Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter kallek       10      
Status
Not open for further replies.

kallek

Contributor
Verified
I don't have a PS4, but getting a PS4 Pro on day one. I want to make sure that I disable updates. Can I still download updates for games if I disable system Software update files in the automatic download menu? Can I be sure the PS4 won't update or do I need to use PSproxy?

I'm not going to log onto PSN. Only connect to the Internet to update games

PS4 Automatic Downloads

Sounds like you're exercising due diligence already by disabling auto-updates, and yep as you mentioned it probably wouldn't hurt to give PSProxy a try also. ;-)

I just got a Ps4 pro with system software 3.70. I want to update uncharted 4 to run it in 4k, but it just tells me that there is a system software 4.05 update and wants to download that. How do I update the game without updating the system software ?

On ps3 I could update games without psn or updating the system software just by starting the game. I disabled automatic downloading and installation of system updates, but it downloaded the latest update anyway.

Now it asks me to update every time I turn on the PS4. Is there some way to remove this? (Edit: I managed to remove the update nag by initializing the PS4)

I have not really understood the purpose of PSProxy. On the download page it says:

How to download game updates, games, anything from the store etc. while using PSProxy:

1.) Get off the proxy
2.) Download your updates, and games or whatever you wanted.
3.) Once its downloaded, go back on the proxy and play your game.

Whats the purpose of using it if I have to get off the proxy to download an update. Without the proxy I can't go online and update a game without updating the system software.

I just got a Ps4 pro with system software 3.70. I want to update uncharted 4 to run it in 4k, but it just tells me that there is a system software 4.05 update and wants to download that. How do I update the game without updating the system software ?

On ps3 I could update games without psn or updating the system software just by starting the game. I disabled automatic downloading and installation of system updates, but it downloaded the latest update anyway.

Now it asks me to update every time I turn on the PS4. Is there some way to remove this? (Edit: I managed to remove the update nag by initializing the PS4)

I have not really understood the purpose of PSProxy. On the download page it says:

How to download game updates, games, anything from the store etc. while using PSProxy:

1.) Get off the proxy
2.) Download your updates, and games or whatever you wanted.
3.) Once its downloaded, go back on the proxy and play your game.

Whats the purpose of using it if I have to get off the proxy to download an update. Without the proxy I can't go online and update a game without updating the system software.
Hi, referring to your statement, could you please explain how you exactly managed to update your games without being on the current FW, because I cannot achieve that.

Unless he's referring to PS3, my guess is maybe since his post was from Nov 10, 2016 it was when the bypass was still working... hopefully he'll reply back to clarify it for us though. ;)

Hey, just wanted to check if there was any news / new method to download games update and manually install them to the PS4.

I've heard about a software called PSX Download Helper 1.8 but you still need to be connected to the PSN from what I understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back