Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter Nino Z       24      
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nino Z

Contributor
Hello dear friends. I know that recently we have seen some pretty impressive things regarding an exploit on 4.55 firmware.

The person who was showing the video is reliable and I am personally pretty sure that the demonstration is in fact real. Others feel the same way.

I have noticed a wave of people wanting to update to 4.55.

Don't do it!

There is nothing useful for us end-users yet. I know it's tempting, but it's a really bad idea. If you are on any firmware below 4.55 - stick to whatever you currently have. You are not winning anything from updating at this point. The only thing that happens is - you lower your chances of being able to use an exploit in the future.

Playstation firmwares are like salt - you can increase the added amount into a dish, but you cannot subtract once inside. In other words - downgrading is at this point absolutely impossible, while upgrading to a specific firmware is super easy.

I have a 4.50 and a 4.55 file and so do others - when the time comes and something actually appears that we can all use - do not fear. The file will be provided by me and others like me if it's not easy to find on the internet anymore. There is no need to rush and update now.

We have been very patient now and who knows how much longer we will have to be, but remember - there has not been a single sony system, which was not cracked open at some point. The PS4 will not be an exception. As with most things in life - those who wait will be rewarded.

There is never going to be a CFW for the PS4 since Sony has long made it impossible since the PS3 was hacked by the one guy.
That's what people were saying about the PS3 as well. I also remember when people said that there is no interest in the vita so that's never going to happen either. Mark these words:

There will be a custom firmware for the PS4 and it's going to be awesome.

Well i just bought myself a PS4 Slim its a 500GB i upgraded it to 1TB. I m currently on OFW 3.55. My question is should i up date or should i stay on this firm ware. i currently have 3 games on disc but only 2 is playing the 3rd game needs a higher firmware. Any advice on the update or not.

Well i just bought myself a PS4 Slim its a 500GB i upgraded it to 1TB. I m currently on OFW 3.55. My question is should i up date or should i stay on this firm ware. i currently have 3 games on disc but only 2 is playing the 3rd game needs a higher firmware. Any advice on the update or not.
I absolutely agree with Lightning. A hack is coming for 4.05 for sure. The Kernel Exploit has been released after all. I actually envy you - my Pro came with 4.07 but I updated it so that I can use the PS Pro feature which comes with 4.55

I don't regret having done this, because several reliable sources and a few unreliable ones have confirmed that there is a Kernel Exploit for 4.55, but I might have to wait quite a bit longer (which is fine by me - my PC is my main squeeze, the PS is just a side-chick).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back