Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Oct 16, 2021 at 12:29 AM       19      
Status
Not open for further replies.
But wait, there's more! Yup, yet another PS4 WebKit / PS5 WebKit vulnerability surfaces... developer @Al Azif summarizes it best on Twitter simply stating, "Add it to the every growing list of webkit exploits that work 7.55+ :LOL:"

This time the userland vulnerability is a WebKit: heap-use-after-free in EventHandler::keyEvent as reported by glazunov via Project Zero with NazkyYT supplying the source link alongside a browser test page set up by Zellix67 while crediting on Twitter KameleonRe for the script.
As with the previously tested PS4 Vulnerability and PS5 Vulnerability, in addition to further work being done by an experienced developer a kernel-level exploit (KEX) is also required for jailbreaking... so once again it's :alert: not advisable :alert: to update neither your PS4 nor PS5 consoles.

Looking forward to great progress in both the PS4Scene and PS5Scene, and cheers to ashrafasansol on Twitter for the screenshot below! 🍻
WebKit Heap-Use-After-Free in EventHandler KeyEvent for PS4 PS5.jpg

Comments

Soo many publicly available webkit exploits but no public disclosure of kernel exploit :cry:

Pls, security researchers disclose the kernel exploit 🙏🙏

Just tested on my ps4 9.00 works perfectly taking it offline now and letting it sit lol

Can confirm it works on latest ps5 update may keep it offline also

I see early updates as a response from sony, "improvements in system performance" and honestly, I hope that's the case, you have to step on it, but not drown. For much of everyone has their opinion about what happened to dreamcast, I I keep buying the games. a greeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back