Category Nintendo       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Feb 9, 2016 at 3:24 PM       2,765       1            
Today Nintendo Wii developer smealum shared a demonstration video showcasing Wii U Coldboothax, RedNAND and homebrew work-in-progress! :)

To quote from the video caption: This is a video showing some of the progress we've been making on the wii u hacking front. this is not just my work, as it would not have been possible without the contributions of plutoo, naehrwert, yellows8 and derrek.

Basically just shows some of the possibilities that come with having early high-privilege code execution capabilities; we're able to redirect NAND accesses to SD card and run all kinds of unsigned homebrew programs.

This is currently just a proof of concept, and just a week ago i was unbricking my wii u because i'd booked up the setup. this is not in any way ready for public use, and there are currently no clear plans for release.

For now, this is just the result of about a month of hard work that i felt like sharing.
Wii-U.jpg

Comments

Recent Articles
New Blu-Play Homebrew Game in Development: The UFO Game!
Following the first Blu-Play homebrew game release and 8-bit Memoirs eBook, the team behind Ukko's Journey is back: LuBlu Entertainment is creating their 2nd Blu-Play game these days, titled The...
Samurai Shodown Joins New PS4 Game Releases Next Week
Thirteen beloved fighters return alongside three new ones to do battle in the legendary stage of Samurai Shodown on PS4 next week, featuring updated graphics, gameplay and a revolutionary new...
Marvel's Spider-Man PS4 Skeletal Models & Textures Tool by ID-Daemon
We've seen PS4 Game Texture Converters, a PS4 Game Model Data & Textures Extraction Guide, a PS4 Game Animations to Havok Files Converter and a PS4 Meshes / Textures Preview GUI with the latest...
Latest PlayStation Store Flash Sale Offers PSN Deals Under $10
It's been awhile since the last PS Store Flash Sale, and today Sony announced their latest PSN Flash Sale features deals under $10 with savings of up to 75% on select PlayStation Store titles...