Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, this is my very first thread I've ever made on this site. Please take it easy on me if there are any typos. For those that have seen my video or reply to a previous Codebreaker thread, a lot of you should already know that I'm the first on all of the Internet to figure out how to get Codebreaker cheats working on PS2 PKG games for the PS4, PS4 Slim, PS4 Pro or whatever u have.

This method is literally almost identical to that of the PS3. Only difference is the fact that we are building a PKG file as an extra step. Process is the same if u wanna put Codebreaker cheats in ur PS2 games on a Jailbroken PS3 (again, excluding the PKG building part).

So here is a text tutorial for those that want it. I'll also post a video that lots of you probably already have seen, but just in case you haven't. THIS NEVER HAS WORKED FOR ME WITH THE PS2 CLASSICS GUI, SO MY ADVICE IS DON'T USE THAT. ONLY USE THE ORBIS PKG BUILDING PROGRAMS. Here it is (video at bottom):

Steps (all programs are free and given towards bottom of post in a link):

Extract ISO with ISOBuster (free) to a folder (let's say it's called XXX)

2. Rename wLaunchelf.ELF file to BOOT.09

3. Keep CodeBreaker.ELF named the same and don't touch it.

4. Drag the wLaunchelf.ELF that u renamed to BOOT.09 AND Codebreaker.ELF into the same folder as all the other files that was extracted from ISO (XXX folder is used)

Note: If using a PAL game, the original Codebreaker.ELF might not work, so use the 1 I provided in download link below that NOW contains "Xploder.ELF" as well that will work with PAL games. Folders are labeled in download for your convenience :)

5. Open the SYSTEM.CNF file (that was extracted from ISO in that XXX folder also) in Notepad and change the "SLUS_whatever" part to BOOT.09. So instead of cdrom0: \SLUS_210.73 as example, change the SLUS_210.73 to BOOT.09 THIS IS IMPORTANT OR IT WONT BOOT ULAUNCHER AT ALL.

6. After all that, Open CD/DVD Rom Generator (Select new project then select DVD Master if ISO u extracted is bigger than 750MB. Select CD Master if the game/ISO isn't. Example. Star Wars Racer Revenge would be a CD. Not a DVD, cuz it's less than 750MB in size). THEN select ALL the files I mentioned above (should all be in same folder with the extracted ISO files and after they were modified. Again, XXX folder is used) and drag everything from that XXX folder to the biggest box in that program (CD/DVD Rom Generator) on the right.

7. Select the Volume Tab and put under Disc Name the SLUS of that game. DO NOT PUT BOOT.09. PUT THE EXACT SLUS OF THE GAME UR USING. IF UR NOT SURE, U CAN OPEN UR ORIGINAL ISO U HAVE WITH ISOBUSTER AND SEE THE SLUS, SLPS, SCES, SLES, ETC. FILE AND HOW IT'S NAMED. Then under Producer Name, put PLAYSTATION all in caps. Then under License Area, put the correct region. If it's a SLPS game, it's Japan. If it's SCES or SLUS, it's USA and if it's SLES, it's Europe/PAL.

8. After all that, click FILE, then Export to IML File.. Name it whatever u want.

9. Open Gnie IML2ISO. Click Open on right. Select that IML file, then click IML2ISO on the left.

10. You got your remade ISO with Codebreaker and wLaunchELF built in now and don't need the XXX folder and it's extracted original ISO contents, Codebreaker.ELF or wLaunch.ELF file named to BOOT.09 anymore so just drag it to the side somewhere.

11. Open the ps2pkg folder, then open the ps2emu folder, then image folder. Drag THAT "rebuilt" ISO into that folder. RENAME the ISO file to disc01. All lowercase.

12. Drag ur 512x512 icon0.png thumbnail AND ur 1920x1080 pic1.png pictures into the sce_sys folder which is 1 folder back. Just back out of the image folder and sce_sys should be right there. MAKE SURE THE DIMENSIONS ARE CORRECT. 512x512 for icon0.png. 1920x1080 for pic1.png. I've provided the Paint.net picture editor to open fairly quickly to correct picture file stuff fast if preferred like in video at bottom. If u don't know what pictures to look for to edit for this, Google Images is ur best bet. Look for whatever u want.

Example:. Def Jam Fight For New York. Download game cover by right-clicking. U can always crop and resize. The higher quality, the better.

13. Open the Fake PKG Tools folder now, double click Orbis-Pub-SFO now first. File, Open, Browse to the Param.SFO file that is in the sce_sys folder that has ur icon0.png and pic1.png files in it...

14. Under Content ID, KEEP THE SAME NUMBER OF CHARACTERS THE SAME. This is important as well. If u delete 5 numbers? ADD 5 NUMBERS, LETTERS AND/OR COMBINATION BACK TO IT. Where it shows CUSA or SLUS? Change this part to the EXACT SAME SLUS the game is just like we did with CD/DVD ROM Generator. After this, Hold Ctrl on keyboard and press A to select the whole string. Then Hold Ctrl and press C to copy it.

15. File, then Save it.

16. NOW open up Orbis-Pub-Gen. double click Image0 in middle. Open up the ps2pkg folder and drag EVERYTHING from it directly to the white box on right of Orbis. Structure should look like this but with ur modified files and rebuilt ISO with Codebreaker and wLaunchELF (disc01.iso in the image folder; edited param.sfo and icon0.png, as well as pic1.png in the sce_sys folder):
  • lua_include
  • sce_module
  • sce_sys
  • config-emu-ps4.txt
  • eboot.bin
  • formatted.card
  • ps2-emu-compiler.self
  • PS20220WD20050620.crack
  • sce-discmap.plt
17. DRAG ALL OF THAT above directly to Orbis on right. Should list it all now...

18. Click on Chunk tab a little above that box on lefthand side, right click on +Image0 Root and Highlight Add Chunk Assignment of the File, then click #0: Chunk 0#.

19. Now close out that window and click on Command at top, then Project Settings.

20. Click on the package tab. Now under Content ID, paste the string I told u to copy from the Param.SFO file. If u can't, reopen Orbis-Pub-SFO, file, open that Param.SFO from the sce_sys folder AGAIN and copy that string under Content ID again.

21. Under passcode put ALL 0's til the passcode fingerprint pops up random crap. Under Storage type, select Digital Only. Under Application type, select Freemium App. Hit OK at bottom.

22. Click Yes on pop up. Then click Build at top right. Click Close at op up, Click Select towards bottom, Select where u wanna save the PKG file. Click Save. Then click Build at bottom.

23. Do steps 20 through 22 again since Orbis has a glitch, keeping u from building it.

24. Copy to USB ExFAT formatted drive, install via package installer from debug settings after jailbreaking from host or self-host exploit, then try n run. If u do all these steps even from written form and it still doesn't work, I have no idea what you're doing wrong... It works every single time for me on 6 games now so far.

Download link to all the programs (and Codebreaker) used in this written guide AND video (video tutorial below):

Download:
CODEBREAKER GUIDES via @stripnwild:
Video:

PS2 CodeBreaker Cheats on PS4 5.05 Jailbreak Tutorial

Codebreaker Cheats for PS2 PKG Games PS4 Guide by Codester1389.jpg

Comments

Im sorry guys I havent been replying to anyone's questions. Ive been very very busy with family n making other videos. I dont think people understand how much work n time it takes to make videos. I have 2 youtube channels I manage: GamingCanBeFun and TheCodester1113

Both take a LOT of my time. From recording AND editing game videos, making guitar hero customs, making guitar covers, guitar how tos, game how tos, vlogging, etc...

I kinda understand why the PSXHAX moderator added "Modded Warfare's" youtube videos for visual aid, as I had to delete my videos. Network I was partnered with at time were douchebags, after 5 years of being partnered with them they booted me from their network cuz of stupid reasons... With a better network now that even has phone support!

Anyway, I'll remake my video on how to add codebreaker to PS2 ISOs for use on PS4 and PS4 Pros soon as I can n have the moderator re-add my new video on here. Like I said, Ive been busy. Spent 4 hours recently doing a "how to play this song on guitar" video and that's not counting the editing which takes even longer! Havent even started editing that 1 for my guitar channel!

Plus, I gotta fiance I spend time with, 2 animals gotta take care of (dog and cat) and a 3yo son I get visitation with, so u c... It's hard attending EVERYONE'S needs. There's a reason we get paid as creators on youtube. It IS work. It's not as easy as just recording video games n making money. Wish it was...

P.S. Idk why people r saying Ive made PS2 games with Codebreaker on here or that Ive provided PKGs with it, cuz I havent.... Only thing Ive done is be the 1st on internet to find the way to put Codebreaker in PS2 ISOs for use on JB PS4s. Ive not once provided ISOs or PKGs other than that package in original post for my tutorial to help everyone....

I think u all are getting confused with what I did and when MY video "was" up (1st video in post was mine, but u can see it's not available cuz I mentioned earlier, had to delete it) and Modded Warfare's which is the only videos in my original post. Modded Warfare is not me. That's someone else... My videos will have "GamingCanBeFun" in the thumbnail or main video page....

cool thanks @Codester1389

Ya i originally thought some of the codebreaker injected pkgs that were upped, were from you. OH AS A SIDE NOTE... will the newest ps2 emu released do you think some previously attempted failed games may work a bit better?

Someone had about 8 or 10 ps2 infused with codebreaker, like crazy taxi, silent hill 4 , silent hill shattered memories, resident evil 4, clock tower 3, contra shattered etc. Whoever that uploader was, thanks... pretty cool to have those games!! (I'd like to give credit, but not sure who it was)

@stripnwild I have no idea bout the new emulator. Maybe, but since all PS4s dont have PS2 hardware built in, no one will be able to run ALL PS2 games... Especially not without issues.

If u want %100 PS2 compatibility with no issues, Ebay yourself a CECHA OR CECHB model PS3 on 3.55 or 3.41 OFW n jailbreak it yourself. Those PS3s are the only models that have PS2 hardware built in n plays discs AND digital from hard drive.

Example, I have a JB CECHA PS3, so I can play Urban Reign and Def Jam Vendetta both. You cant play those games on the JB PS4s. Urban Reign gives a black screen no matter what u do and DJV has graphics missing making it seem like just their hair is floating. lol. And that's on JB PS4s. Im mentioning this in my remade video as well...

Ok! Here is the updated video and files. Could you please update my main post again for 1 final time @PSXHAX ? I'm not deleting this video, so nothing to worry about. Just switch out my video at very top (the 1 that says not available) and also replace the thumbnail at bottom of main post if you can:

package link to update in my main post (switch that old link with this 1 please):

Spoiler

Thank you :)

I updated the OP with the latest video and download link... switching those out is not an issue at all. (y)

the only thing that's not easily possible with our portal / forum code is switching image attachments due to how they're stored / linked in the database.

thanks for this but what would be even better is if instead of turning the ps2 games into pkgs and running codebreaker through ulaunch.elf it if you can dump a ps2 iso file extract that as the folder with all the files in it like eboot.bin and extract the codebreaker if it is a iso file with files in it maybe if that could be turned into a backup manager of some sort for the ps4

then it would just be a case of launching codebreaker off the ps4 if it could be done like a backup manager then find the ps2 game with cheats that you want then if it is possible launch the game off the external hard drive as the folder with the files in it like if it is possible launch the eboot.bin file

I don't really like the pkg way cos you have to you have to extract the iso file with the files in it then turn the ps2 game into a pkg file then you have too make the 2 pictures of the ps2 games

the loading one and the one on your ps4 screen bigger which is a lot of work to do that with ps2 games cos there is a lot of ps2 games and only some of them are pkgs if it was possible is to extract the iso file so you get the files in the folder then if in some way possible to launch the game like that but I know that at this moment it is not possible

I myself stick to the ps3 cos that does have multi man and you can launch any ps2 game off the external have drive without turning it into a pkg file so I will stick to the ps3 unless a backup manager comes out for the ps4 or another way to play the ps2 games straight off external hard drive without doing any pkg stuff

@matt30 I admit, it IS a lot of work to do with the PKG stuff. I also wish we could just run ISOs straight from the hard drive or external. Like I did mention in my video, ur better off with the PS3 anyway since u can play most PS2 games without issues. Mostly if u have a jailbroken CECHA or CECHB model PS3 as those models have built in PS2 hardware.

@Codester1389 I know I had asked if there was a way to take existing ps2 fkpgs that someone has already made and then injecting codebreaker into it... is it possible if you could give some steps/pics/video whatever on how to take a working ps2 fkpg and rebuild with codebreaker?

@sabin1981 managed to get SILENT HILLS ORIGINS (woot woot!!) to work and would love to try to have it with codebreaker!

Silent Hill Origins works great simply using the Jak emulator, so you can make your own SHO using Jak and modify the SHO ISO to include Codebreaker, or make a multi-disc PKG with the new Jak command
Code:
--switch-disc-reset=0
So you can have a Codebreaker disc01.iso and Silent Hill Origins disc02.iso, freely swappable without reseting the PS2emu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back