Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Floroiu

Contributor
Verified
Hi, is there a way to copy all the installed fpkg from an external hdd to a larger one ? PS4 doesnt seem to let you connect 2 external drives at the same time.

Thanks in advance

Solution
Use FTP? For your new drive it's better to format as exfat (and not use it as external storage from PS4 itself). That way you can use it in Windows and use it for the PS4 to play your games. Win win.

See Modded Warfare's youtube video in for how it works in the App2USB topic.
if your still stuck on this do yourself a favor and get a dual hard drive dock from like wavlink or any other company and just clone the drive it will keep the exact same file structure and everything any time i need to expand storage this is my #1 go to

Dumb question, but can this docking station be connected to the ps4, allowing SATA hard drives to be used for games? SATA SSD drives are so much cheaper than regular USB SSD drives and I'm looking for options.

Can’t see a reason why a docking station wouldn’t work on ps4 as long as it uses a power supply of its own. Thing is it’s cheaper too buy Standard external hard drives

So basically, the only option is to transfer files from the external HD to internal. Then plug in the new HD (formatted as PS4 extended storage), then move the games from internal HD to the new external HD? Is this correct? The FPKG games will still work using this process?

Ya but I already formatted the old usb drive as PS4 format, I wouldn't be able to just copy drive to drive with a PC. (if that's what you meant). Now, if I format the new drive as exfat, I think you have to follow additional steps for the PS4 to play games from it, don't you?

You need to use a pc to copy files onto it as ps4 uses its own encryption so there is no internet way of copying a game or dlc onto it.

From my understanding you can play games from it but you won’t be able to copy files onto it to install from

There is any way to clone an external hdd with games already installed on it for a modded ps4? I mean with hdd with the same sizes. I searched a bit and found that Clonezilla could help.

Someone tried to do this till now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back