Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Help       Thread starter jasonclarke1986       7      
Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonclarke1986

Contributor
hi all, is it possible to create a fpkg for an update if i know the passcode?

I've tried a few times but get different np errors when launching.

I believe from what i've read that extracting using a passcode doesn't decrypt the files?

If this is correct is there a way to decrypt them, or am i missing something?

Thanks in advance

as ive tried everything i can, i'll disclose the info i have:

Game - train sim world 2

Spoiler

this information was left in the game by the devs im guessing by mistake in a file called title.json

With the passcode you can extract the game files, any update and any dlc. Problem is the files are encrypted. Ive tried many different tools i could find on the internet but none have worked, when launching the game various errors show and it doesnt boot.

the title secret i dont know what its for. If anyone uses this and gets it working please share how.

Thanks

No you cant use that retail update even if you have the passcode. As you have found out the most of the files are encrypted that's why we need to use the ps4 to dump updates.

i actually got everything decrypted by moving it into a folder when dumping another game, the only thing it wouldn't decrypt was the eboot.bin, for some reason it had the correct file size, but when checked with hex editor everything was 0's other than the header.

The idea sounds about right, if it didnt decrypt I would assume it failed since the PS4 doesnt have the key for the eboot.. Is that Update for a higher fw than youre running?

Why not using the original Package to dump? No Access to the disc? If not tried to repack the Update - as is - for the fpkg and install/dump it? (Never tried if that works, just an idea)

it was the last one for firmware 9.0 that i was trying. I dont have access to the disc was trying to get latest update i could to open more dlc as most are locked on the update that is shared.

I did try repacking the update with the eboot from the fpkg and it booted but was the same as the version i took the eboot from, as im guessing the newer eboot points to the new files so they were there but not being used.

With the package being 56gb a time to keep trying different things i eventually gave up. hopefully one day we will have full eboot/prx decryption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back