Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Help       Thread starter psexterminator       4      
Status
Not open for further replies.

psexterminator

Contributor
PS4 has a built-in wifi hotspot in order to connect directly to PS Vita for Remote Play. You can activate this option in in Settings/Remoteplay/direct connect.

However it doesnt allow other devices to connect through this way, if you can find the hotspot name, its password protected.

On my jailbroken PS4, is there anyway to enabling this option (or reveal the password) so we can directly connect with a phone or computer? my intention is using for Remote Play on my phone without connecting PS4 to router and giving it a constant internet connection.

There's some ps4 game/app called Thats you! which allows players connect their phones to ps4 directly using ps4 hotspot, here is an article developers with help of sony make this option enable.

Solution
not yes as far as im aware. however if it does have a wifi host mode it likely would be dedicated for periferals or the like. however at this very moment i do not believe we have any homebrew or likewise publicly released tools to enable an as you say, wifi hotspot.

the only peripherals im aware of that utilize this sort of connection is as you mentioned remote play with ps vita, im sure eventually a dev may reverse and make use of this feature in the future but who knows.
not yes as far as im aware. however if it does have a wifi host mode it likely would be dedicated for periferals or the like. however at this very moment i do not believe we have any homebrew or likewise publicly released tools to enable an as you say, wifi hotspot.

the only peripherals im aware of that utilize this sort of connection is as you mentioned remote play with ps vita, im sure eventually a dev may reverse and make use of this feature in the future but who knows.

Solution
@marcussacana
As an Open source and free remote play client, i have much respect for project. Unfortunately both Chiaki and Oficial remote play apps on android have considerable lag for me which makes playing very unpleasent. (Using my phone's 5GHz wifi hotspot direct to console for chiaki)

But PSPlay (available in play store) is really a beast. Latency minimized as hell! with the same connection. (also same as 2.5GHz hotspot or an old router = perfect). I heavily recommend it for phone.

Since ps4 hotspot password is something related to ps4 system software i hoped someone like OSM or Bucanero could mess with.

I had lag problems as well with chiaki, but I almost solved that in my PC. First, my PS4 connected in my route with cable, my PC keep using 5ghz.

In windows, after that, you will only have that buggy audio, to solve that we can delete qtaudio_windows.dll in the chiaki folder, and changing the system audio output bitrate to a lower kbps... (Without that the chiaki don't works without the dll that we deleted) After that the chiaki worked perfect to me.

After a time I started use linux and had performance issues in the chiaki again, in this time I solved that by building the chiaki by myself and after that the chiaki allowed me use cuda hardware acceleration, and I even updated the ffmpeg dependency to the latest version and worked without problem.

The performance it was near perfect with a occasional frame corruption, I think my 5ghz don't works too well in linux like in Windows, because I solved that by connecting my PS4 with my PC directly with cable. And to make my life easy I installed a dhcp server in my linux then I didn't need change the PS4 network settings with an static IP. After all that, everything is working fine here.

In android... well, I really don't tried, but you aren't the first that said PSPlay is good. If one day I want play in android I may try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back