Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter Foe       Start date Oct 5, 2016 at 9:07 PM       9      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently Bethesda Softworks announced that mods will be coming to Skyrim Remastered on PlayStation 4 first, followed by the release of PS4 mods for Skyrim on October 28, 2016 with Fallout 4 following suit soon after.

Although Sony is not letting us use external textures and meshes this is still better than nothing. :D

To quote: "We’re excited to announce that mod support is coming to PlayStation 4 for both Skyrim Special Edition and Fallout 4. Additionally, we’ll also be supporting the new PlayStation 4 Pro with both titles.

Skyrim will have these features when it launches on October 28. The new power of the PlayStation 4 Pro has allowed us to make Skyrim render in native 4k, and it looks better than ever."

:arrow: Update: Kernel_Panic___ (aka @Backporter) has now updated the tools adding multithreading... meaning it now takes takes half the time to convert them as the previous versions below! 😃

Latest Version Download: SSE-Fallout 4 Texture Converter-Pre-Setup.zip (2.12 MB) / SSE-Fallout 4 Voice Dialog Converter-Pre-Setup.zip (0.52 MB)

Previous Updates: Clayson has now made available some Skyrim Special Edition / Fallout 4 Tools (Conversion Tools) for PS4 with details below, to quote:

Download: PS4 SSE-Fallout 4 Texture Converter v1.0.zip (2.32 MB) / PS4_SSE-Fallout_4_Texture_Converter_v1.0.zip (Mirror) / PS4 SSE-Fallout 4 Sound-Music Converter v1.0.zip (726.15 KB) / PS4_SSE-Fallout_4_Sound-Music_Converter_v1.0.zip (Mirror) / PS4 SSE-Fallout 4 Voice Dialog Converter v1.0.zip (725.24 KB) / PS4_SSE-Fallout_4_Voice_Dialog_Converter_v1.0.zip (Mirror) / PS4 SSE-Fallout 4 EBOOT.BIN Patcher v1.0.zip (146.08 KB) / PS4_SSE-Fallout_4_EBOOT.BIN_Patcher_v1.0.zip (Mirror)

Spoiler: Mirror Links

Hello all Skyrim Special Edition or Fallout 4 modders on PS4! In this thread I bring you some of my conversion tools for Skyrim Special Edition and Fallout 4 PS4, these conversion tools open up the doorway for more mod support and more stable mods running!

The tools I have included here is a Sound/Music converter (.wav/.xwm to .at9), a Voice Dialog converter (PC .fuz to PS4 .fuz), and a Texture converter (.dds/.tga to .gnf). If you don't understand the importance of these tools make sure to check the tabs below so you can read up about them and why they are needed/important. I hope you all enjoy! :D

Disclaimer: Do not re-upload PS4 SSE/Fallout 4 Voice Dialog Converter anywhere without my permission first, also please do not use any of the resources in PS4 SSE/Fallout 4 Voice Dialog Converter without my permission, thank you.

:arrow: PS4 SSE/Fallout 4 Texture Converter v1.0

How to use this tool:

1. Get the .dds/.tga files (or folder which contains these files).
  2. When adding the .dds/.tga to the tool you have a couple of options, you can click the "Add Files" button to add multiple files by hand, you can click "Add Directory..." which will search the directory you choose for .dds/.tga files, or you can drag the folder containing the .dds/.tga files onto the app and it will automatically scan and detect .dds/.tga files.
  3. (Optional) Select the texture format you would like to use, by default the format is "Automatic", this automatically detects what format should be used for the conversion. However for customization options I have added the ability to stick to one format, this is not recommended though (changing the format may result in previous errors converting files to disappear). If you do not know what you are doing DO NOT MESS WITH THIS!
  4. Once you have gotten the .dds/.tga files of your choice onto the tool click "Convert" and wait for it to be finished, KEEP IN MIND, large texture mods like NobleSkyrim and stuff similar to that will take a while so I recommend you do this process while doing something else.
  5. Done! Now you can enjoy converted textures which will run faster and can be packed into a .bsa!
F.A.Q:

[Q] What is this tool for?
[A] This tool converters .dds/.tga files to the file format known as .gnf which is used by default in Skyrim Special Edition and Fallout 4 on PS4.

[Q] What is .gnf, should I use it?
[A] .gnf is the format used by default on Skyrim Special Edition and Fallout 4 on PS4. This tool is technically only optional, however it has many advantages. As long as the conversions don't fail (they rarely do for SSE, Fallout 4 is a bit of a mess but slowly being worked on) the .gnf will run better than any .dds/.tga or other texture, it is similar to how a .ddx ran better on PS3 Skyrim than a normal .dds. Another advantage to using .gnf is that you can pack the .gnf textures into .bsa (the textures will load) and organize your mods! No more need for a sloppy data folder or limited folders for textures.

[Q] This tool just produces another or the same .dds/.tga file, what happened?
[A] This tool by default converts the .dds/.tga file to .gnf then renames it back, the reason it does this is because Skyrim Special Edition and Fallout 4 are still looking for the extension .dds/.tga, not .gnf, but keep in mind the game is still using .gnf by default, they are just all renamed to .dds/.tga (except a few exceptions).

[Q] This tool produced a 0 byte .dds/.tga or didn't do anything to the file, what happened?
[A] While rare, the tool can fail to convert certain textures, I am not aware of any fixes, one possible fix could be to process the .dds/.tga again through a texture editor and seeing if that works with the converter. If all fails then it must be a loose file unfortunately.

:arrow: PS4 SSE/Fallout 4 Sound/Music Converter v1.0

How to use this tool:

1. Get the .wav/.xwm files (or folder which contains these files).
  2. When adding the .wav/.xwm to the tool you have a couple of options, you can click the "Add Files" button to add multiple files by hand, you can click "Add Directory..." which will search the directory you choose for .wav/.xwm files, or you can drag the folder containing the .wav/.xwm files onto the app and it will automatically scan and detect .wav/.xwm files.
  3. (Optional) Check the checkbox below the progress bar if you would like/would not like the .wav/.xwm to be deleted after the .at9 conversion, by default this is checked.
  4. (Optional) If the .wav/.xwm is looped audio click the loop check mark next to the audio file.
  5. Once you have gotten the .wav/.xwm files of your choice onto the too click "Convert" and wait for it to be finished.
  6. Done! Now you can enjoy converted sound/music!
F.A.Q:

[A] This tool converters .wav/.xwm files to the file format known as .at9 which is used by default in Skyrim Special Edition and Fallout 4 on PS4.

[Q] Do I need to use .at9?
[A] Yes, .wav/.xwm will NOT play for Skyrim Special Edition or Fallout 4 on PS4.

[Q] This tool just produces a .at9 with 0 bytes, what happened?
[A] Rarely the tool can fail converting a .wav/.xwm, in this scenario I recommend to re-process the .wav and try again. If there is failure turning the .xwm into a .wav then it may not actually be a .xwm file.

[Q] Do I need to rename the .at9 file back to .wav/.xwm?
[A] NO, this is not needed.

[Q] What is the loop check mark next to the .wav/.xwm files?
[A]Certain audio files loop in mods, if you find the .wav/.xwm file says "loop" then good chance it loops the audio and that check mark would need to be checked.

:arrow: PS4 SSE/Fallout 4 Voice Dialog Converter v1.0

How to use this tool:

1. Get the .fuz files (or folder which contains these files).
  2. When adding the .fuz to the tool you have a couple of options, you can click the "Add Files" button to add multiple files by hand, you can click "Add Directory..." which will search the directory you choose for .fuz files, or you can drag the folder containing the .fuz files onto the app and it will automatically scan and detect .fuz files.
  3. Once you have gotten the .fuz files of your choice onto the too click "Convert" and wait for it to be finished.
  4. Done! Now you can enjoy converted voice dialog!
F.A.Q:

[A] This tool converters PC .fuz files to PS4 .fuz files which is used by default in Skyrim Special Edition and Fallout 4 on PS4.

[Q] Do I need to use this tool on my PC .fuz?
[A] Yes, PC .fuz will NOT play for Skyrim Special Edition or Fallout 4 on PS4.

[Q] This tool just gave me an error about unpacking/packing, what happened?
[A] Rarely the tool can fail converting a .fuz, unfortunately it is quite rare so the fix is not always so clear.

If there is a problem with something here or bug with my tool please PM me on Discord or reply to this thread and tell me. Keep in mind if you mess with any of the folders/files that come with the tool EXPECT errors, I won't help you if you modified any of the files. Thank you! :)

:arrow: Mods.txt PS4 SSE/Fallout 4 EBOOT.BIN Patcher v1.0

How to use this tool:

1. Open the application and select what games eboot.bin you want to patch.
  2. Once you have selected the games eboot.bin you want to patch drag and drop the eboot.bin from an update containing Fallout4.ccc/Skyrim.ccc onto the application and wait until a message pops up saying the eboot.bin has been patched.
  3. Once it has been patched congrats! The eboot.bin is now looking for mods.txt instead of Fallout4.ccc/Skyrim.ccc.
F.A.Q:

[A] This tool patches the eboot.bin of a Fallout 4/Skyrim Special Edition update which contains Fallout4.ccc/Skyrim.ccc to look for mods.txt instead of Fallout4.ccc/Skyrim.ccc.

[Q] It didn't work! The eboot.bin is not looking for mods.txt!!
[A]The only reason I can think of that this is not working is because the eboot.bin you patched is NOT from an update containing the file Fallout4.ccc/Skyrim.ccc, please make sure the update contains one of these .ccc files. If it does not contain this file find one that does and patch that eboot.bin.

PS4 Jailbreak Skyrim Special Edition Modding Guide (No Mod Limit of 10)
A tutorial for modding Skyrim Special Edition on any jailbroken PS4 without a mod limit and with more advantages than the current modding methods. This video also shows off my new conversion tools.

Converting Skyrim PC Mods to PS4 Jailbreak
Fallout 4 and Skyrim Remastered Mods.jpg

Comments

I changed the piccy so that nobody here feels offended... except Fallout slaves, sucks to be them :D

This is more like how my night went btw:

cat-humor-slave-you-forgot-to-clean-my-poop-box.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back