Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jan 29, 2017 at 11:12 PM       29      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most are aware of Sony's PS Plus 14-Day Free Trial, but according to @UmarDaBest559 in the Shoutbox there is a glitch for older PlayStation 4 consoles including his own CUH-1001A that allows free PlayStation Plus for life! :bananaman1:

According to @Chaos Kid the older PS4 console bundles that came with games offered free PS Plus for a limited time (such as 1 year) and after that you'd have to pay to continue it... but @UmarDaBest559 claims his has been working since 2015 and still is to date. :eek:

Here are some steps he shared for those curious: Note: You must have an old PS4 version like my CUH-1001A or the very first PlayStation 4 bundles released for this glitch to work.
  • Make a new alternate / dummy PSN account
  • Activate (verify) the new account on the PS4 console
  • Make it the primary account
  • Start a multiplayer game
  • Click on free PS Plus trial
  • Switch user and you're online with that PS Plus account as your primary
  • Then log into PlayStation Network and it should work
  • You can get online with any game (Remember... ONLY WORKS ON OLDER PS4 CONSOLES)
That's about it, if you have an original launch PS4 (the ones with BSOD / RAM / overheating, etc issues) give it a try and share your results or questions in the comments below. :beer:
Free PlayStation Plus for Life on PS4 CUH-1001A via UmarDaBest559.jpg

Comments

Useless? It lets you play online for free so it works. Some people come from very poor country where PS+ is expensive and this is a good solution even if it takes time to make a new account each time.

Once you have made the new account a primary one then you can switch back to your normal PSN account and play online for free
If you are sooo poor you have not business wasting money on a PS4

Or make a paypal (no sensitive info added) and put a dead gift card on that account. Make another psn account with 10 minute mail, start 14 day trial, add that PayPal, wait like a minute then log back into your account (if it says you don't have psn plus at this point, restart your ps4). Boom 14 day trial. I've used this method for months, still works today (still same dead gift card too)

And im pretty sure this works on ALL ps4s including the pro (not tested, but this works on my ps4. And it isn't a bundle or first batch of ps4).

I'm going to test this. Just got a phat with a bad power supply and reflowed it. It's on 4.07 too so why not?
Should work as long as you have same model
If you're talking bout the two days trial, then you're out if luck cuz it stops after a few times. when i got ps4 I used to make a new ID using a temp email but it stopped working after a few times.
Still working with special first model and two day trial glitches forever
Or make a paypal (no sensitive info added) and put a dead gift card on that account. Make another psn account with 10 minute mail, start 14 day trial, add that PayPal, wait like a minute then log back into your account (if it says you don't have psn plus at this point, restart your ps4). Boom 14 day trial. I've used this method for months, still works today (still same dead gift card too)

And im pretty sure this works on ALL ps4s including the pro (not tested, but this works on my ps4. And it isn't a bundle or first batch of ps4).
Confirmed not working on new ps4 I have two one old which works and new one nope
This has been known for a long time .....
Was patched and still working after patch lol
According to most, yes it sounds like you have to redo it every few days... however, @UmarDaBest559 didn't mention that in the Shoutbox or on Twitter DM (where I spoke to him about this) so it may not be the case on early PS4 models such as his CUH-1001A console.

Hopefully he'll reply here later today on whether he has to redo it all every few days or not... as that does sound inconvenient although I can see some situations where it would be worth it.
Not for my console @PSXHAX I don't need to redo mine

hello, thanks for this glitch

but i have question, it work just 2 days then need to do the some thing again or what !!

i have old PS4 CUH-1003A not 1001A and the glitch work with "the division"

i can enter the dark zone without PSN

If you tried it on your 1003A wait two days and see, according to what he posted HERE he doesn't need to redo his 1001A so it may just be for that model... let us know thanks! ;)

my ps4 1003A old from 2014 :

yeah it's work great with

"the division"
"uncharted 4"
"black ops 3"
"NBA 2K17 THE PRELUDE "

thanks to your great forum
thanks to Umar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back