Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter finalman       5      
Status
Not open for further replies.

finalman

Contributor
Verified
Basically I'm doing a mod and need to know the difference in height between the top chassis APU clamp bolt holes and where the APU core touches the heatsink on a PS4 Slim console.

I only have the motherboard nothing else.

Basically is where the APU core touches the heatsink level with the clamp bolt holes or is it higher \ lower and if so by how much. Try and be specific to say within 1/4mm.

The easiest way to figure this out is to get a short perfectly straight metal object and align it between the bolt holes then take note of the height difference between the two areas.

Hopefully someone reading this will be able to measure on your disassembled PS4 slim or from your PS4 Parts Pile.

OUTLINE:
RED: Top chassis APU clamp bolt holes
BLACK: APU Core Heatsink contact area

uzvzqVB.png

I will then use the measurement you supply.

So basically since I have the motherboard only my mod is to install it into a PC case with a custom heatsink. I need to know these measurements to properly compensate for the heatsink spacing difference and it's effect on clamping pressure. To make things easier I intend to use the official PS4 slim clamp hardware.

Hopefully someone here with a PS4 slim can lend a hand as these aren't the type of measurements that can be found easily online since they are so specific... good luck with your project also!! :D

While grabbing that measurement can someone also let me know the distance between the top chassis APU clamp bolt holes at their centres.

Figured it out on my own it's 91mm.

Still needing the original post measurement.

I've created this thread so that anyone looking for PS4 measurements can come to this thread, ask for the measurements they require and hopefully get them from someone in the community we have here.

Will be of great benefit to hardware modders like myself.

I'm up first I need to know the details of the thread on the APU clamp bolts for a mod i'm doing. I'm Looking for thread diameter and thread pitch.

It looks like 2.5mm metric but I don't think that it is as a 2.5mm nut won't screw onto it.

So the outer thread diameter is about 2.53mm going by a set of calipers.

Why do you want to change the pressure on the APU? If you to much stress on the APU than the console wont start anymore. You hear a high frequency sound wich tells you pressure is too high. It can also stress on the bga which may cause broken solder joints
Expensive Bga repair you dont wanna have

No the clamping pressure will be exactly the same as it is on a stock slim as that's what i'm making sure of by getting measurements.

Using a thread gauge the thread appears to be metric with 0.45 thread spacing which is the 2.5mm thread standard but the screw thread outer diameter is as I said 2.53\2.54 which is to thick to be a 2.5mm screw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back