Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following Ukko's Journey and the announcement over this summer, today LuBlu Entertainment gives you another homebrew Blu-Play game and video demo on my YouTube Channel for your PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 video game consoles: "The UFO Game!" 👾 🛸

New Blu-Play Game The UFO Game! Released by LuBlu Entertainment.png

Strongly inspired by the 38 year old game "Satellite Attack" for the Philips Videopac G7000. (Called "UFO!" for the Magnavox Odyssey2), "The UFO Game!" can be considered a kind of remake.
The story so far

Year 2079, 12 years after The Big Exposure:

An underground organization known as "The Superhero Network" (TSN) revealed to the world, that all the big wars on earth for the past century were in fact secretly started by the acknowledged peacekeepers on the planet, rather than the minority groups who were always blamed instead, on the major news outlets.

The revelation wasn't exactly a shocker though. Most people had known for decades really, but just chose to ignore it because they couldn't *really* believe it. And even if it was true - what were they to do about it anyway?

With The Big Exposure, TSN had presented the whole world with indisputable evidence. There was no longer any doubt. Everyone knew the truth now, and TSN quickly gained worldwide acknowledgement and popularity. The so-called peacekeepers got the nickname "The Invaders", because of their invasive actions on the world: Spying on the public with satellites and space-drones, and using them to invade innocent foreign countries to gain even more power and control.

TSN has been in open war against The Invaders ever since the exposure. The Invaders are few in numbers, but they're all rich and powerful: They have all the latest tech and all the latest weapons. The Superhero Network in turn outnumbers The Invaders by at least a million people, but they still lack funding, and is therefor forced to use old outdated tech that doesn't get enough service checks.

Having a rather strong passion for justice, you recently signed up to The Superhero Network offering your skills as a Defense Vessel pilot. A Defense Vessel is a one-man space-pod, created by members of TSN in the early days of the war. It is designed to be used for destroying spy satellites and space-drones owned by The Invaders.

So there you are, in space, behind the control panel of your assigned Defense Vessel, ready to shoot down some spy satellites and drones - but then you discover that the gun controls are broke: Your gun is stuck in a one-way rotation! Oh no! Something also appears to be wrong with the navigational system.

Some directional buttons seems to only work one at a time! In fact, the only thing that seems to be working alright on this thing is the shield! But even in working condition the shield has its limits too.

You're a rather skilled Defense Vessel pilot, but this isn't quite what you signed up for. Unfortunately it's too late to back out now. You have no choice but to do the best you can and hope to survive this thing...

Interested in making your own Blu-Play game? Then visit https://www.blu-play.com/developer/getting-started

Compatibility
  • PlayStation 3
  • PlayStation 4
  • Standard Blu-ray player
  • PowerDVD
Blu-Play game: "The UFO Game!" for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4
How to play The UFO Game PS3 via donatelo27
"The UFO Game!" complete gameplay

Comments

Awesome release and great way to kick off the new month with some fresh PS4 homebrew! :fire:

Due to the large size are there any plans to torrent or mirror it?

Gotcha... I tried grabbing it but was only pulling about 130KB/sec, yet my Internet is normally 3MB/sec for file downloads so perhaps it's my location in relation to where the server is hosted, etc. o_O

Would be super if someone can mirror / torrent it for us slow pokes. <3

Wow, yea, that was slow indeed. Maybe there are many people downloading right now, since it was posted a lot of places at the same time.....

I can't think of any immediate options, but will try to see what I can come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back