Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Mar 18, 2016 at 6:48 PM       9      

Would You Be Interested in a PS4.5 Console with 4K Resolution?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to an anonymous PlayStation 4.5 developer on Kotaku.com, Sony is working on a PS4.5 revision with 4K resolution and more!

To quote via PS4 News: "Based on conversations with developers who have spoken with Sony, this 'PS4.5' will include an upgraded GPU both to support high-end 4K resolution for games and add more processing power that can enhance the games supported by PlayStation VR, the headset Sony will launch this fall.

It's unclear if 'PS4.5' is an official name or just a nickname that developers have been using. One developer jokingly called it the 'PS4K' while telling me about the device.

In layman's terms, 4K resolution is around four times the pixel size of 1080p, which is the current standard for games on PlayStation 4 and competing consoles. The current PS4 can output 4K photos and videos, but cannot support 4K resolutions for games.

With this upgrade, it would. Besides resolution, developers would have an opportunity to push more effects and other graphical tweaks to make their games look better, thanks to the new GPU."

Would you be interested in a PS4.5 with increased graphical power and 4K resolution support? Comment below or vote in the site poll :)
PlayStation 4.5.png

Comments

My television doesnt support 4k.
Im sure games will run smoother.
But for the eyes, i know the optimal distance is 1 meter to see the difference between 4k and 1080p.
My 48 inch tv is 3 meter away from my sofa.

Good job sony,you just told 30.000.000 player that they are stupid for buying your console.Assuming this is truth.

this is bullsh!t....dont trust all what you hear... the same story about xbox a week ago...

Ok Its now easy possible because of x86 and pc hardware to upgrade a current gen and make it backwards compatible but if this would happen than this is no console anymore just a normal pc with its own DRM system and you must pay for online play !!!!

Paying for playing online is in my eyes the biggest crap what sony did....i will never buy me a plus account just to can play online....a normal thing in my eyes... i think online play is payed if you buyed a online possible game and not pay an extra crap...

long time ago....buy game play online all ok..
nowdays....buy game... buy dlc that the game is a full game...pay for online gaming....whats next ? aaah pay for updates ...

this is bullsh!t....dont trust all what you hear... the same story about xbox a week ago...

Ok Its now easy possible because of x86 and pc hardware to upgrade a current gen and make it backwards compatible but if this would happen than this is no console anymore just a normal pc with its own DRM system and you must pay for online play !!!!

Paying for playing online is in my eyes the biggest crap what sony did....i will never buy me a plus account just to can play online....a normal thing in my eyes... i think online play is payed if you buyed a online possible game and not pay an extra crap...

long time ago....buy game play online all ok..
nowdays....buy game... buy dlc that the game is a full game...pay for online gaming....whats next ? aaah pay for updates ...

Yes, because the servers and the traffic don't cost money!
btw, if you know some of these free hosters you are talking about, with unlimited storage + unlimited traffic + fast internet speed, write me a message...

Yes, because the servers and the traffic don't cost money!
btw, if you know some of these free hosters you are talking about, with unlimited storage + unlimited traffic + fast internet speed, write me a message...
You can play online with the pc without paying money...is it ok for you that you buy call if duty for ps4 and must pay for ps+ to play online and on pc the same game you dont need to pay for playing online...?

In your eyes we all must pay for playing online....buy game and maybe steam+ or origin+ for 50 bugs a year ? every company with his own servers 50+ bugs pls to play online

I see this causing a ton of problems including more strain regardless of the codec used. I have tested this on pc just to see what kind of ram and video card restraints word be applied

I see this causing a ton of problems including more strain regardless of the codec used. I have tested this on pc just to see what kind of ram and video card restraints word be applied
I think its a very big rumor.
You cant compare this like ps3 phat to a slim.
When you check the specs.
It would be a total new console.
When they change the gpu.
Correct me if im wrong

I think its a very big rumor.
You cant compare this like ps3 phat to a slim.
When you check the specs.
It would be a total new console.
When they change the gpu.
Correct me if im wrong
Your right the specs are completely different but the gpu will be no different then what we use in a pc have you torn apart a ps4 to see the whole details?

They are powerful units but they also have a massive flaw and not the one cturt has posted about. there is much unknown about these units unless some1 has the background in electronics high tech.

The system has some realy interesting features and some realy powerful but when they were using to encrypt it they made alot of mistakes. They used a method similar to what I use but they missed a very valuable piece of info and count see exactly how it's done.
It's very useful and we'd stop every hacker under the sun cuz of the way it works and completely burns into the system.

It allows the full connection between processor and gpu and locks them into process even can add emulation without extra funding it also works the same way for video rendering but most companies only see it for a standpoint of profit and cost this word save them a huge amount

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back