Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter 73n1x69       12      
Status
Not open for further replies.

73n1x69

Contributor
Verified
Hello guys :)
Most of the kernel panics don't cause problems to my console (and they are quite frequent with xvortex exploit).
But sometimes, after a kernel panic, my console feels the need to rebuild the database... :mad:
This leads all my fpkg games to disappear... :poop:
And reinstalling 1TB of games can be "very tedious" :poop: :poop: :poop:

Someone knows a method to "backup" the database, in order to restore it through FTP, without having to reinstall a pletora of games?
Thanks in advance!

I'm in the same boat with you
My ps4 has been really slow
Freezes a lot
I have to unplug the ps4 and plug it back in.
Can't even close applications without rebooting.
Idk what to do.
Rebuild database I will lose everything :(

to backup database:

run the hen payload and then run the ftp payload.

ftp into /system_data/priv/mms/
and copy app.db to your computer.

you can take addcont.db if you like that holds stuff like extra seasons of games.

Note: when you install new games you will need to backup app.db again so it includes those new games too.

to restore broken database:

run the hen payload and then run the ftp payload.

ftp into /system_data/priv/mms/

upload your saved app.db from your computer to that directory overwriting the app.db inside the ps4

power off the ps4 as you normally would then boot it back up and see if it has changed.

this worked for me when I was playing around with that run games from hdd idea, my database rebuilt and I lost all the tiles for 40+ games but I had saved a copy of my app.db and when I tried to put it back with just the ftp payload running it would rebuild again but when I used hen payload and the ftp payload it restored all my tiles and still works now.

if someone wanted to make a payload to back it up they could do something like this

Code:
#include "ps4.h"

int _main(void) {
    initKernel();
    initLibc();
    copyFile("/system_data/priv/mms/app.db", "/system_data/priv/mms/app.backup");
    return 0;
}

void copyFile(char *sourcefile, char* destfile)
{
    FILE *src = fopen(sourcefile, "r");
    FILE *out = fopen(destfile,"w");
    char buffer[60480];
    size_t bytes;
    while (0 < (bytes = fread(buffer, 1, sizeof(buffer), src)))
            fwrite(buffer, 1, bytes, out);
    fclose(src);
    fclose(out);
}

When the database gets rebuilt and the fpkg are lost, do they remain on the hdd but are not indexed? If so, how can you delete them?

Or why are they not reindexed when the database is rebuilt?

when the database was rebuilt only the real pkg items were re added all the fake pkg items were ignored but none of them were deleted from the hard drive only missing in the database.
so putting the backup database in restored everything.

I would say when the ps4 rebuilds the database it ignores the fake pkg because they use the debug keys to sign?

This is very useful information. Maybe someone could make a payload that backs up all database/savedata files etc in one go to usb? Or does that already exist?

Since NerdyBitsUK doesn't want people to be warned about this problem in his discord, I imagine a lot more people will be having this problem. I just got chewed out by him for trying to warn people that rebuilding their database would cause problems.

I will never understand people like that. We are in a brand new scene and information NEEDS to be disseminated and archived wherever possible so that the scene can get a grasp on things as they are developed. Otherwise we are going to have a ton of people running in to the same problems and asking the same questions ENDLESSLY.

But more to the topic; The exploit had been causing me a lot of headaches ranging from game freezes to total console shutdowns. Like you guys, after rebuilding the database I lost all of my apps, so I'm going to have to start from scratch, since the space is still taken up by the inaccessible apps.

Thanks for the heads up. I've had to rebuild probably 30 times but haven't had the issue yet. Will be sure to grab a backup just in case.

And yeah, NerdyBits is getting a bit of a reputation about stuff like this

But more to the topic; The exploit had been causing me a lot of headaches ranging from game freezes to total console shutdowns. Like you guys, after rebuilding the database I lost all of my apps, so I'm going to have to start from scratch, since the space is still taken up by the inaccessible apps.

How are you going to fix the taken up space?

I think of directly deleting via FTP, reinstalling and uninstalling the pkg or formatting the hdd...
But what is considered to be done best in such a situation?

I don't understand why you get to rebuild database.
Do you play a lot ? Or you you do something other than playing that cause crash ? Do you change game more than 2~3 time in one session ?

The only error i get is having the PS4 not booting up after rest mode (it stay in white LED), and when i force-shutdown ( i don't unplug the cable... never did it) and then power up the PS4 i get something like check disk or something like that (i can reproduce it if it's necessary to know the exact error) and after that everything go back to normal...

Fore info: My PS4 was opened at 3.55 then updated to 4.05 , i never let it have contact with internet without proxy, and usually i disconnect directly after using the exploit unless i use ftp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back