Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PSXHAX

Staff Member
Verified
Following up on his JAISPI V1.0 and JaiSpiMod.hex for Teensy++ 2.0 updates, Spanish PlayStation 4 developer JaiCraB detailed the dumping / handling of PS4 memory without desoldering on the PlayStation 4.

To quote, roughly translated: PS4 DumpMod
Code:
              ##               ######                  ########  
              ##    #     ##  ##    ##  ###      #    ##     ## 
              ##  ## ##       ##       ##  #   ## ##  ##     ## 
              ## ##   ##  ##  ##       ## ##  ##   ## ########  
        ##    ## #######  ##  ##       ####   ####### ##     ## 
        ##    ## ##   ##  ##  ##    ## ## ##  ##   ## ##     ## 
         ######  ##   ##  ##   ######  ##  ## ##   ## ######## 

* JaiCraB Web Site: jaicrab.org        * Contact: [email protected]
The main problem reading the main memory is to be desoldarla. I am researching the topic I realize that Sony engineers used the same bus CS # to feed 3v3 memory.

The problem is that the CS # is always high. At the moment we externally fed memory, bus CS # is also set to HIGH value. Besides feeding 3v3 line of the plate, which puts in MediaCon and start the process of reading the internal memory.

From that time CS # is always at HIGH is impossible to manipulate the memory. Yes also we add that the MediaCon tries to read the memory and try again
read externally... chaos.

The solution is simple. Simply mark with directions on buses using diodes. You have to cut two tracks, it's the only drawback. The diodes in my case I used the SMD extracted from another plate.

But you can use Zener 3 v3 lifetime diodes.

With this we have managed to redirect all buses properly. The next hurdle is unable to read the memory while it is MediaCon connected thereto. The problem is easily solved programmatically the programmer.

In the case of JaiSPImod I added that detects if the MediaCon is powered and functioning by an extra port. If JaiSPImod it detects that the plate is fed was disconnected and does not interfere communication called PIN CHECK.

Other programmers can adapt. CHECK checking if the PIN is up means that the system is powered, therefore no leave on the programmer.

This mod only works with jaiSPImod > 2 v0.5 with teensy ++. Probably will be ported to RaspberryPi in the near future. The MOD diodes can be left installed indefinitely whether or not there an installed external programmer.

As a precaution not have the PS4 fed and also the teensy connected USB (Power). I am responsible for the damage. These drawings have the original components of the plate. No need to remove them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back