Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Oct 13, 2016 at 10:12 PM       11      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just in time for the release of PlayStation VR, today Sony updated the PS4 Media Player to v2.50 adding 360-degree video and photos, high-resolution FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) with upscaled audio / music support! (-:

To quote from SCEE's Gillen McAllister on the updates for audiophiles:

"If you’ve a PlayStation VR connected to your PlayStation 4, simply activate ‘VR mode’ from Media Player’s Options menu, then select your 360° video or photo from your media server or USB device. You’ll now be able to view your chosen media in full 360° thanks to the power of PlayStation VR.

(Note, to enjoy 360-degree media on PlayStation VR, any supported video – MKV, AVI, MP4, MPEG2 PS , MPEG2 TS, AVCHD – or photo – JPEG, BMP, PNG – files must be captured in equirectangular format by a 360-degree omnidirectional camera.)

v2.50 also introduces improvements to your audio experience. Once updated, the PS4 Media Player will not only support High-Res (FLAC) audio files, but will also upscale your non-FLAC music to near high-resolution audio quality.

The latter is thanks to Sony’s DSEE HX technology. What this means is any MP3s or AACs – files whose space-saving compression strips out some of a song’s subtleties – played through your PlayStation 4 will be automatically upscaled. It means your compressed music will now sound much richer as a result. You can get a more in-depth breakdown on how the technology works here."
PS4 Media Player Update v2.50.jpg

Comments

Based on the other comments I'm guessing not yet for subs, but listening to music while playing PS4 games can be done a few ways:
In summary from Dead-Sync: At the moment, there is no way to upload files directly onto the PS4 for storage and playback.

Media needs to be streamed off USB Drive, Media Server, Spotify (or another service).

Thanks! I thought we were still stuck with Spotify only!!

Jackkiej Plex ???? in my ps3 movian play the files that i have but streamming from web it's blocked in Portugal.

i use kodi in andorid tabled and mirror image to tv, i don't have all the movies and series that i see. most of it i stream it directly from the web. only the good ones that i like, i have and listen with surround sound. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back