Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter GAM3x0V3R       5      
Status
Not open for further replies.

GAM3x0V3R

Contributor
Hi everyone,
So i bought a ps4 that failed a update the hardrive had been removed. I put in a new hard drive and tried to initialize the system from the usb update the 800 odd mb one.

Every time I get update is corrupted and the above error code. I have tried different usbs I have tried 3 hard drives and i know the update file works because I tested it on another system im at a loss to what it could be any ideas anyone?

The system is on 4.71 I believe. I have tried the 4.71 update and 4.72 and 4.73.

That's Sony, Strange things happen on the PS4 sometimes ... if you haven't tried: Full Reinitialize the PS4 (all get deleted), Download and check the Hash of the update file (after download and copy), format the hdd on pc (doesn't matter what format), put the hdd back in, start recovery and try to install the update file ... this way it worked for me when i got this error

I concur, according to the wiki 0x80180859 / SU-30645-8 means:

Failed to update the system software. The update file may be corrupted.
  • If you are updating the system via Internet, go to [Settings] > [System Software Update] and retry update.
  • If you are updating via USB storage device, delete the update file on USB and redownload the update file from playstation.com. Then retry updating at [Settings] > [System Software Update].

That's Sony, Strange things happen on the PS4 sometimes ... if you haven't tried: Full Reinitialize the PS4 (all get deleted), Download and check the Hash of the update file (after download and copy), format the hdd on pc (doesn't matter what format), put the hdd back in, start recovery and try to install the update file ... this way it worked for me when i got this error
I havnt tried checking the hash because the update worked on another console. I have reformatted one of the hdd to fat 32 and tried to install the update still got the same error. The console only boots to safe mode.

I bought PS4 Pro.
I replaced the HDD with SSD.
I downloaded the new PS4 system installation file and got the same SU-30645-8 : The update file is corrupted.

I decided to download the installation file again, but using my mobile phone data connection instead of my home wifi connection. So I downloaded the file straight into my mobile phone, then copied the file into my existing USB stick that already has the appropriate PS4 and UPDATE folders in it.

This time the file is good and I got no error notification.

The installation went smoothly.

Everything is good now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back