Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date May 4, 2020 at 4:44 PM       3      
Status
Not open for further replies.
May the 4th be with you! Star Wars fans taking to Twitter today can find all kinds of cool stuff with the hashtags #MayThe4thBeWithYou and #MayTheFourthBeWithYou in celebration of Star Wars Day every May the 4th. :cool:

In PlayStation VR news, today ILMxLAB Executive Creative Producer Mark S. Miller announced Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series is coming to PSVR this summer where players will take control of the smuggler who owns the Force to oppose Lord Vader.

Check out the latest trailer video below, and to quote: The series will be available as a complete series: all three episodes and Lightsaber Dojos will be available for purchase together, for the first time.

One of our first meetings began with a whiteboard. We listed out everything that we thought fans (and ourselves!) would most want to experience, if they were inside the Star Wars galaxy. Wielding a lightsaber was right there at the top of that list, but we knew that if we were going to do that, we had to do it right.

We went through many different mechanics, both in-house and with our partners at Ninja Theory, before we got to the point where you really felt like you were parrying a blow, slicing through metal, or blocking blaster fire. We continually tested and tweaked the feedback until we got it right.

There are so many parts that grab you in the experience, but my favorite is still early in the first episode. The moment when Darth Vader first approaches you is something that can’t really be explained (but I’ll try).

It’s intense when his gaze follows you and he speaks directly to you. I’ve seen some people stand up taller and get in his face, and some shrink a bit or even step back, but his presence is intimidating, and unforgettable.

The team is hard at work getting the story up and running for PS VR, and we can’t wait for you all to experience it and meet Vader face to face. We’ll have more to share in the coming months.

Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series Episode II Official Trailer
Vader Immortal A Star Wars VR Series Strikes PS VR This Summer.jpg

Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back