Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 Jailbreaking       Thread starter Davescfc       12      
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the system is on 4.81 then a USB file won't work to downgrade this system. What needs to be done is:

Depending on the system that you have, but if it's a Nand system cecha01 to ceche01 then you have to use a progskeet, or a teensy 2.0++.

If the system is higher than the ceche01 it's a nor system and you can use a progskeet, teensy 2.0++, e3, or all the other flashers out there. There is no way right now that can downgrade a system on 4.81 and then install cfw.

The only way to downgrade a system without a flasher is that the system is currently on cfw and the use of a certain file to get it to downgrade. But if it's on ofw higher then 3.55 you will need a flasher to downgrade the system. Thanks.
Thx for input but same thing is in link from post #2 in post #3 and #8 author is just lazy ;) that's why I have close it ;)

Thx for input but same thing is in link from post #2 in post #3 and #8 author is just lazy ;) that's why I have close it ;)

I just posted this up because I have seen people say well this post doesn't deal with my system. So I posted it up because I wanted them to see that their system isn't different then anyone else's and it's need a flasher. I seen him say I have read that you need a USB file. Well I just made sure he knew that it wouldn't work. Thanks bro

Lol in case he can't fully understand why this is this. Let me put it in the most simpliest version possible. Your PS3 has some special files on the motherboard NOT in the HDD that store your current firmware number. If you try to upgrade (downgrade) and it detects you trying to install a firmware lower than the numbers in those special files then it refuses to upgrade (downgrade). :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back