Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 Jailbreaking       Thread starter Davescfc       12      
Status
Not open for further replies.

Davescfc

Contributor
Firstly site seems really helpful. im a newbie please can someone direct me or put a link please for latest jailbreak 4.81 ive tried loads but nothing followed instruction.

sick of doing surveys for them not to work. the ones I have tried just say after ive done the update file saying its the same as normal firmaware its driving me crazy anyone please help thanks in advance.

Firstly site seems really helpful. im a newbie please can someone direct me or put a link please for latest jailbreak 4.81 ive tried loads but nothing followed instruction.

sick of doing surveys for them not to work. the ones I have tried just say after ive done the update file saying its the same as normal firmaware its driving me crazy anyone please help thanks in advance.
There isn't a 4.81 jailbreak, there are 4.81 custom firmwares but they can only be installed over other CFWs or OFW 3.55 or lower. You will need to use a hardware flasher to downgrade to 3.55. Then you will be able to install CFW. That is if yours is an old enough model, newer slims, and superslims cannot be downgraded. Only FAT and the older slim models can be.

If yours is one of those then download and run minverchk pup. That will tell you what the minimum firmware version your console can have. If it says 3.56 or lower then you can downgrade it. To downgrade you will need a flasher, progskeet if you have a NAND flash console, teensy ++ or e3 flasher if it is NOR flash.

It would help a lot to know the model of the ps3 you are asking about. This will allow us to give you the best advice that your looking for. Thanks.

Hi thanks its a fat, ive checked it and it can be jailbroke. Just hope I can do it right

What's the model number of it. If it's cecha01 to ceche01 is a Nand system and these are the hardest one to solder to. If it's higher than that then it's a nor and easier to do.

Now if you are in the States and want me to do this, I do offer a downgrade service and will ship it back on ofw 3.55. Let me know by PM or post here. Here is my area in the old site. Thanks and let me know.

http://www.ps4news.com/forums/the-marketplace/ps3-unbricking-downgrading-service-122746.html

So have I been reading up wrong then so I cant just do it with a usb file.
You've been told numerous times in this thread already that you need a flasher to downgrade before you can install CFW. So Yes you have been reading wrong, you cannot jailbreak with just a USB if you are on OFW above 3.55.

So have I been reading up wrong then so I cant just do it with a usb file.

If the system is on 4.81 then a USB file won't work to downgrade this system. What needs to be done is:

Depending on the system that you have, but if it's a Nand system cecha01 to ceche01 then you have to use a progskeet, or a teensy 2.0++.

If the system is higher than the ceche01 it's a nor system and you can use a progskeet, teensy 2.0++, e3, or all the other flashers out there. There is no way right now that can downgrade a system on 4.81 and then install cfw.

The only way to downgrade a system without a flasher is that the system is currently on cfw and the use of a certain file to get it to downgrade. But if it's on ofw higher then 3.55 you will need a flasher to downgrade the system. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back