Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Help       Thread starter spraragen88       3      
Status
Not open for further replies.

spraragen88

Contributor
I know I need the .rif and .idx files, this is a legit PKG for a game I own but the console is on 9.00 so I can't just recheck the licenses.

How would I get or spoof the rif and idx files?

I can grab all the PKG files from the PSN server, I got the links using the tool that grabs the URL while the game downloads to an up to date PS4.

I just wanted the game on my 9.00 PS4 as well... I read about FTPing to your PS4 and copy entitlement.db from /system_data/priv/license

Open it in HxD
Search for .json
And go to PlayStion store on a computer web browser
Paste the .json link in the web browser
You have access to download your entitlement pkg (DLC, Base Game, Theme)

For Newer games they store the data in a XML file.. Does this method not work anymore? We can't edit the entitlement.db?

Solution
To create FPKG, you must first dump the game files. And in order to dump, you need to be able to start the game on a jailbroken console.

Copying .rif and .idx files requires an exploit, which is not available with the latest system software. Another problem is if the game requires system software higher than 9.00.

In such cases, when we cannot solve the dumping and backporting ourselves, the solution is to download the FPKG files created by others.
Unfortunately, license spoofing is not possible. But there is a workaround, the so-called Fake Packages.

Downloading your .rif and .idf files requires the latest system software. Without it, there is no point in installing retail PKGs.

Can Fake Packages be built without the rif and idf?

I have a legit PS4 with the most recent firmware, is there any way to get rif and idf files from it?

Also, just wondering if to dump a game I need to be able to open it... I have a game installed that is locked so I was going to dump it and turn it into a FPKG.

Is there a way to dump a game without needing to have it opened? All the tools I see require the game to be running to have it dumped...

To create FPKG, you must first dump the game files. And in order to dump, you need to be able to start the game on a jailbroken console.

Copying .rif and .idx files requires an exploit, which is not available with the latest system software. Another problem is if the game requires system software higher than 9.00.

In such cases, when we cannot solve the dumping and backporting ourselves, the solution is to download the FPKG files created by others.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back