Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Help       Thread starter Norseman       2      
Status
Not open for further replies.

Norseman

Contributor
I want to delete all of my personal settings before selling my JB PS4s... So how do actually I go about that without losing the JB FW?

I would appreciate if you could tell me step by step how to do this because I have never sold a JB PS4 before so I do not want to lose the current JB Firmwares!

Solution
You can initialize the console in Settings > Initialization > Initialize PS4 or in Safe Mode.
If you choose Safe Mode, then use option 06 Initialize PS4 or 07 Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software).

How to start your console in Safe Mode:
  1. Turn off your console by holding the power button for three seconds.
    The power indicator blinks for a few moments before turning off.
  2. Once the console is off, press and hold the power button again.
    Release it after you hear the second beep — one beep sounds when you first press, and another seven seconds later.
  3. Connect the controller with the USB cable and press the PS button on the controller.
You can initialize the console in Settings > Initialization > Initialize PS4 or in Safe Mode.
If you choose Safe Mode, then use option 06 Initialize PS4 or 07 Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software).

How to start your console in Safe Mode:
  1. Turn off your console by holding the power button for three seconds.
    The power indicator blinks for a few moments before turning off.
  2. Once the console is off, press and hold the power button again.
    Release it after you hear the second beep — one beep sounds when you first press, and another seven seconds later.
  3. Connect the controller with the USB cable and press the PS button on the controller.

Solution
it would be wise to let your buyer know you had jailbroken ps4 as it will raise the selling price and the buyer knows the risk when playing it on-line, now days some people may search for an jailbroken console to let them play NSFW mod for certain games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back