Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Floroiu

Contributor
Verified
Hi, is there a way to copy all the installed fpkg from an external hdd to a larger one ? PS4 doesnt seem to let you connect 2 external drives at the same time.

Thanks in advance

Solution
Use FTP? For your new drive it's better to format as exfat (and not use it as external storage from PS4 itself). That way you can use it in Windows and use it for the PS4 to play your games. Win win.

See Modded Warfare's youtube video in for how it works in the App2USB topic.
Use FTP? For your new drive it's better to format as exfat (and not use it as external storage from PS4 itself). That way you can use it in Windows and use it for the PS4 to play your games. Win win.

See Modded Warfare's youtube video in for how it works in the App2USB topic.

Solution
I formatted my drive on windows to extfat and just used app2usb but hold off on the program it’s not working properly it’s only taking seconds then saying finished but it’s not actually. The only games that transfer are the fpkg games

Op has to be more specific but he is correct the PS4 does not allow you to connect 2 EXTERNAL STORAGE USB drives at the same time. Key word here is storage. A drive that the ps4 has formatted which one CANNOT load onto a windows pc (never thought to try linux who knows one might get lucky hahaha).

So how could one back it up? Simple. You use the built in SONY backup and restore process which in your case if using fpkg you would run AFTER running hen. the ps4 WILL ALLOW you to connect one EXTERNAL STORAGE drive and one EXFAT drive at the same time.

You would then back up to the exfat device that is NOT external storage and unplug your original smaller drive and then plug in your new larger EXTERNAL STORAGE drive and then run the restore process. Of course this would take a drive slightly larger than the one you wish to restore in terms of capacity.

HAVE A NICE DAY!

You want your official (pkg) games (stored on internal drive) to transfer to your external harddrive so you can play them from your external drive?

That's not possible I suppose. They don't become fpkg games when moving... Maybe, just maybe they do transfer, but you probably need to change the games so they become fpkg.

I did notice app2usb created maps for my official games on the ext. hdd. Do you see the maps of those bought games on your ext. hdd?

people are getting confused between app2usb and external storage external storage fpkg can be backed up with the standard sony process.

app2usb there is no true transfer process if the internal hd is lost with the linkages. If you buy a new app2usb storage device you can simply copy data from previous device to the new one.

I created a backup and restore of my games so that I could run my dumper on my games and use vortex dumper for 9.0.0 then make fpkg of your games to install then use app2usb

But I believe you can just copy your games to a new hdd using windows then do a rebuild database with your new hdd

Mac can read exfat same as windows, I used my hdd that was formatted on windows and made it exfat then when I dumped my games they were dumped on my external hdd it does not have to be formatted with the ps4

If your hdd is formatted with ps4 your gonna need cloning software to clone to your new hdd

If you want to be able to view your hard drive then you need to use FileZilla and transfer your games to your new hdd that’s formatted under exfat on Mac. It’s the only way of getting your games off your hard drive

Just to be clear. A drive formatted via the ps4 external storage process can be backup to via the normal backup process once you run hen.

What chaos kid is referring to is could be done for app2usb via ftp yes but that would be unwise. An app2usb drive can simply be connected to a pc along with the new drive. Then just copy over usb for faster write speed.

Remember the app2usb linkage files on the original internal hd cannot be backed up to my knowledge. Somehow app2usb will not recognize it once hd is swapped but one can just rerun app2usb and remake the linkage files on the new internal hd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back