Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Floroiu

Contributor
Verified
Hi, is there a way to copy all the installed fpkg from an external hdd to a larger one ? PS4 doesnt seem to let you connect 2 external drives at the same time.

Thanks in advance

Solution
Use FTP? For your new drive it's better to format as exfat (and not use it as external storage from PS4 itself). That way you can use it in Windows and use it for the PS4 to play your games. Win win.

See Modded Warfare's youtube video in for how it works in the App2USB topic.
This is what i did: Disconnect ps4 external hdd in devices add your new larger drive move internal installed games to new larger external, disconnect new external plug old external and move games to internal. Rinse and repeat till external is empty job done.

It take a while but you can also do this moving to app2usb by just running app2usb each time you move games from external to internal to free up more space on the internal.

You need to run goldhen to start with or external will give errors, there is no need to reboot so just run Goldhen once and you're good to go.

yes bigwadger method will work here with the external storage content. No matter how you do it whether broken up into multiple transfers or one large standard backup to restore transfer time will be same but his method is of course more tedious more button pressing but overall it will take same amount of time as the suggestion i recommend. it will work.

His games are on his smaller drive and they are transferred using app2usb

To get your fpkgs off a hard drive that’s bin formatted with ps4 has too be done using FileZilla and transferring it too your pc is the only option. If your hard drive has bin formatted using windows or Mac you can just hook up your drives to your pc

cloning tool no go for extended storage. would work for app2usb but nonsensical. it has no os so just a simple copy and paste will do the job.

but even for app2usb it would be kinda like using a missile launcher to cut down a tree. it would do it but complete waste of time and resources. also keep in mind it wouldn't back up the linkage app2usb files so there is that.

Maybe you can try like this: if you want to copy games from smaller external to bigger external, just copy from external to internal disk on ps4, then connect your bigger external and copy from internal to external drive.. but you must have a lot free space on internal and takes long time to copy-copy (or if you have ssd, then will be faster). Should work.

Enjoying the topic. It is possible to clone the (internal) HD of the PS4 to a larger HD, the system will open normally or it will be necessary to reinstall the FW for the new HD to be signed.

I wanted to keep my fpkgs and homebrews. Another question, does the official PS4 backup keep the FPKGs? I know I will lose the trophies.

Don’t use your ps4 too do a backup as those don’t contain keys which you need too play your game. I found that out with a restore of bought psn games

I think you can clone your hdd but you will still need to install firmware. I haven’t had too do it so I’m not sure

@Floroiu copy your games too your internal then transfer them too your new hdd it’s not the best solution but the only way

Just thinking about it now why don’t you just take your game Folders and turn the back into fpkg as I tried this method out myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back