Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Apr 3, 2018 at 12:27 AM       116      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today PlayStation 4 developer @RetroGamer74 (Twitter) made available PS4 RetroGamerFirm firmware in the form of retrogamerfirm.bin and retrogamerfirm_en.bin (English) for ESP8266 chips which offers PS4 4.55 exploits and popular payloads including AppToUSB, HEN, HEN-VR, DUMPER, BACKUP, FTP, Enable Browser, Block FW Updates, Unblock FW Updates, Arabic Guy v1.0 GTA V ModMenu, WildeModz v.1.1 GTA V ModMenu, Lamance v.0.7 GTA V ModMenu. :love:

Download: ESP8266_PS4_RetroGamerFirm-master.zip / GIT / Live Demo / Updated Guide with Drivers by @babyjoe00069

Cheers to both hemi426 and MeTheKing for the heads-up, and from the README.md to quote: ESP8266_PS4_RetroGamerFirm

Firmware for chip ESP8266 including PS4 4.55 Exploits

This firmware includes next payloads: AppToUSB, HEN, HEN-VR, DUMPER, BACKUP, FTP, Enable Browser, Block FW Updates, Unblock FW Updates, Arabic Guy v1.0 GTA V ModMenu, WildeModz v.1.1 GTA V ModMenu, Lamance v.0.7 GTA V ModMenu.

English Installation Instructions
  • Download the ZIP package of this repository
  • Use retrogamerfirm_en.bin if you want firmware in english language.
  • Flash ESP8266 firmware using next flasher.
  • You can flash the firmware using Windows x86, Windows x86_64, or MacOSX.
https://github.com/marcelstoer/nodemcu-pyflasher/releases/tag/v3.0

Once running PS4:
  • Settings -> Networking setup.
  • Choose option Customized.
  • Select WiFi network identified by PS4Wifi. (Password not required)
  • Select Automatic IP.
  • DNS IP, Set values for Primary and Secondary DNS to: 10.10.10.1
  • Set next options to their default values, until you reach the end of the networking setup.
  • Finally go to the Users Guide, in the Settings. The website installed into ESP8266 firmware will be shown. Ver: 0.8
How to Install ESP8266 PS4 Firmware with 4.55 Exploits by RetroGamer74 via seanp2500
ESP8266 PS4 RetroGamerFirm with 4.55 Exploits by RetroGamer74.jpg

Comments

havent tried this playground yet, but still using @pearlxcore latest multi.. i think this was a very cheap fix for the very basic end user. no offense but my grandmother could use exploit. its fast and clean, have had only a few issues but i think ironed out now. about switching games, i installed and moved over +40 games to usb.

1.7 dumper is solid and like the notifications of progress and Apps2usb worked flawless as well. so my opinion of chip is thumbs up.. now off to the playground, and thank you @RetroGamer74.

Here is the driver for those that don't get it installed by clicking update driver via Device Manager. As well as the NodeMCU-PyFlasher to use to install the bin file.
Instructions are as follows.

1. Plug device into Pc.
2. Install the driver I provided for 100% installation success.
3. Run the flasher software (provided as well).
4. Leave all options default. (You can choose to erase data if you want).
5. Choose your serial port labeled (comx) mine's com3.
6. Choose the bin file your going to want flashed to device. (In this case retrogamerfirm_en.bin (for english).
7. Click Flash NodeMCU.
8. Wait for flasher to flash file, shouldnt take too long.
9. Connect to ps4,go to network settings, setup wifi settings, choose custom, everything default, except dns, primary and secondary dns will be 10.10.10.1. Then go to user guide and enjoy. All options have a small description for what they do.

Spoiler: Driver

Spoiler: Flasher

Spoiler: Drivers for Win7/8/8.1 etc

Spoiler: Drivers with serial enumeration

@PSXHAX If you want to add links to op, or even the easy to follow instructions, fantastic. They are a little more to the point. I can make a straight to the point video if you'd like.

@barelynotlegal ...love the name by the way lol, I was wondering you mentioned the apptousb, does that work well, exactly how does that work if you dont mind me asking, I do assume as well, 4.55 only?? I see the payload option, just not sure how to go about using it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

@babyjoe00069
Very well. Very tedious with 52 but very well.
Put all pkgs on root then create a PS4 and in PS4 folder put the app2usb.ini
create another folder with tittle Id, then in that folder name the game to app.pkg then run payload Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back