Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS5 Help       Thread starter gaugeisgod       9      
Status
Not open for further replies.

gaugeisgod

Contributor
I just thought I should post this as a warning to anyone who plays Hitman 3 non-vr (I don't luckily). I moved the PS5 version out from extended storage to try and update it and then transfer it back and now the game doesn't even run without applying the update, which you can't do without updating the firmware.

I tried deleting the update but when you try to play the game it just starts downloading it again and won't let you play so for anyone that enjoys Hitman 3 PS5 edition I would take your console entirely offline before it has a chance to see that there's even an update.

Solution
Well somebody said the game patch is for 4.50 and doesn’t work yet again conflicting experiences.

I’m not sure if this serves as a solution or not, but I just disconnected the internet and then cleared off a ton of space on the internal drive. Then while offline moved Hitman into internal storage and put in the disc last. Hit play and it didn’t prompt for the update so I guess this game isn’t locked if you do this.
Maybe someone that hasn’t had a ps5 for very long that cares enough could try that.. I noticed now they released a Doom Eternal patch that basically improves nothing at all that forces 4.50.

Luckily for me I disabled game updates just in time cause of losing Hitman, this one I can’t afford to lose so my plan would be to only run the game disconnected or with the DNS servers activated that block updates I’ll have to see if it works.

I did some quick tests on this not signed into PSN. It’s looking like they didn’t firmware lock the game, but it’s interesting that the ps5 still automatically ques the update file (with game updates off in the settings! was it always this way?).

I never knew the game itself not even with auto-update settings on can force a download to begin, if I didn’t hit home button I’m assuming the download would complete and then not be able to be installed because of 4.03 which makes no sense since this game has online. The DNS servers do actually prevent the download from starting but you can just cancel it each time you start the game or disconnect entirely.

I guess the next thing would be to see if while connected on PSN if you can still access multiplayer and Horde mode without this patch, this is just a little throwaway skins patch and some other things but if there’s ever a big update again I could see there being problems or a lockout like with Hitman (if there isn’t already when you try using PSN and going onto multiplayer but so far doesn’t appear to be).

I had the same thing with Far Cry 6. Downloads the update even with automatically download updates disabled. It doesn't give me much confidence with not automatically installing firmware updates tbh. Luckly I have 2 consoles, one for online and one which is snowballed and will never see an ethernet cable or wifi connection.

Well somebody said the game patch is for 4.50 and doesn’t work yet again conflicting experiences.

I’m not sure if this serves as a solution or not, but I just disconnected the internet and then cleared off a ton of space on the internal drive. Then while offline moved Hitman into internal storage and put in the disc last. Hit play and it didn’t prompt for the update so I guess this game isn’t locked if you do this.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back