Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter OmegaChaosZero       4      
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaChaosZero

Contributor
I bought an Uncharted 4 ps4 slim bundle. It came with 3.55 FW so i wouldnt like to update the FW. But when i put a DVD it asks to connect to the internet so i can activate this feature. I would like to know if it makes you update to the latest FW or i can just connect to the internet and activate this video playback thing safely? I saw in another website that you can block updates if you block some DNS and URLs from your router, is this true?

Extra question: Anyone knows the minimal FW required to play Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 and the Bioshock collection?

You can disable automatic updates and also as you mentioned block addresses in your router so that your PS4 can still access the Internet but not Sony's servers... one such guide is located HERE.
Code:
post.net.playstation.net
get.net.playstation.net
fus01.ps4.update.playstation.net
feu01.ps4.update.playstation.net
deu01.ps4.update.playstation.net
ps4updptl.eu.np.community.playstation.net
tmdb.np.dl.playstation.net
themis.dl.playstation.net
sf.api.np.km.playstation.net
asm.np.community.playstation.net
artcdnsecure.ribob01.net
api-p014.ribob01.net
apicdn-p014.ribob01.net
t-prof.np.community.playstation.net
ps4updptl.eu.np.community.playstation.net
ps4.updptl.sp-int.community.playstation.net
ps4updptl.jp.sp-int.community.playstation.net
ps4-eb.ww.np.dl.playstation.net
ps4-eb.ww.np.dl.playstation.net
As for your other question, some members have a PS4 Games List Minimal FW spreadsheet going linked here to keep an eye on: https://www.psxhax.com/threads/play-games-offline-without-updating-ps4-firmware.887/page-2#post-6907

So i can connect my ps4 to internet so i can activate the videoplay back with no update problem? I already did block the updates but i havent set an internet conection.

About that Spreedsheet, unfortunately the games i asked for arent there :c. But if i rent these games i mentioned it doesnt update my ps4 right?

For example, if i borrow a copy of BioCollection it just says "You need a higher firmware to run this hardware" and it doesnt update my console right? I read somewhere that some games have the FW update file on them.

For game updates you'll need to update the PS4 console's Firmware to access PSN since the Proxy isn't working at the moment unfortunately.

Depending on the type of video playback, if it requires a feature in newer PS4 Firmware than the console has the same would apply.

On the other hand if it just needs an Internet connection and per due diligence you've blocked all of Sony's servers in the router and disabled automatic updates then trying to go online with the PS4 might not be a risky venture if it's a risk you're willing to take.

Everyone is different though, personally I wouldn't go online at all with my PS4 which is sitting in the closet waiting for a way to run backups... but I understand not everyone wants to wait it out like me. <3

I just want to use it as a BD/DVD Player (3.55 is a great FW with a lot of options to play, also i could play some games trophies in the mean time. I also have a JB ps3 so i can wait a lot of time for the PS4 JB.), no 3d or something that flashy for the movies. But it just says that to automatically enable the videoplayback you must be connected to the internet and try playing the disc. Nothing about PSN and that stuff.

I'll give it a try after i block all the URLs in the tutorial you send me. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back