PS4 News       Thread starter SigobaraIgopipa       31167       27

ArthurBishop

Contributor
Hello all!! Today I tested again EVERY POSSIBLE SOLUTION and indeed there is NO WAY to delete the downloaded 4.07 firmware update FILE from a my PS4 which is version 4.00!!!

So it will ask me to update everytime I turn on the system. Funny thing is if I go to main menu settings and click on update from there, it asks me to connect to the internet XD

Hehe, Sony idiots got us all figured out! I bet that in PS5, Internet will be always switched on, and it will be always searching for WIFI without password to FORCIBLY update to the latest (crappiest) firmware!!!

Or even worse: they will have built in 4G GSM module with a built in SIM card with free interned for operators around the world, and the moment it has got power it will automatically download and forcibly install latest firmware through mobile data!!!!

Or even worse XD XD XD IT will have a small built in battery for a special low power dedicated FW update processor and 2 Gigs of memory to store the FORCIBLY downloaded firmware, only to install it the moment you power up your system!! SSony Is watching you!!

Thumbs up all who got OFW v4.00, coolest version number ever!!! :) :) :)
In PS5 will be wi-fi decryptor, you will not escape. :openedeyewink:

kiryo

Contributor
Verified
I have the same problem. Ps4 have a 4.01 fw but system already download fw 5.00. if i change hdd, the system will ask me fw to install s.o.? which fw? 4.01 or 5.00?

barelynotlegal

Contributor
Verified
Yes you can delete it! Reboot to safe mode and rebuild or reset settings (not system) did it while playing fallout. As I was still in 3.xx ofw and didn't want to update.

phantom277

Contributor
The ps4 Downloaded a software update but i dont want to install.

i am on 4.00. it downloaded 4.07 long time ago i want to remove that and install 4.05OFW to be able to use the jailbreak how can i do that?

thanks in advance

PSXHAX

Staff Member
Contributor
Verified
I merged your post into the ongoing thread so we don't have several on the same topic... check some of the previous replies for some ways to get rid of the 4.07 that hasn't installed yet ;)

PSXHAX

Staff Member
Contributor
Verified
As long as it's not installed yet, here is a guide from Master0wn3r, to quote:

[4.05] How to remove downloaded 5.03 PUP from system!

As of 4.00 Sony disabled the ability to remove system software updates once they are downloaded. So once they are downloaded the system will ask you to update when you touch anything on the PS4.

With the recent jailbreak its very easy to remove this from the PS4.
  • Once you send the payload (assuming you know how to FTP already) ftp to your PS4 with FileZilla or whatever using port 1337.
  • Now navigate to /update and you will see PS4UPDATE.PUP, remove it and reboot. now the message is gone as well as the download.
  • Now is a good idea to block all of Sony's update URLs in order to prevent it from downloading again!
[4.05] How to remove downloaded 5.03 PUP from system!.png

Code:
fuk01.ps4.update.playstation.net
post.net.playstation.net
get.net.playstation.net
fus01.ps4.update.playstation.net
feu01.ps4.update.playstation.net
deu01.ps4.update.playstation.net
ps4updptl.eu.np.community.playstation.net
tmdb.np.dl.playstation.net
themis.dl.playstation.net
sf.api.np.km.playstation.net
asm.np.community.playstation.net
artcdnsecure.ribob01.net
api-p014.ribob01.net
apicdn-p014.ribob01.net
t-prof.np.community.playstation.net
ps4updptl.eu.np.community.playstation.net
ps4.updptl.sp-int.community.playstation.net
ps4updptl.jp.sp-int.community.playstation.net
ps4-eb.ww.np.dl.playstation.net
ps4-eb.ww.np.dl.playstation.net
These are the URLs I blocked and now the PS4 just says it cant download the 5.03 update.

JAILBROKEN PS4 HOW TO DELETE SYSTEM UPDATE

d4kc9

Contributor
Hello! Anyone know where the pup file is downloaded to in the ps4 file system? (Before it is updated) can it be deleted via FTP on 4.05?

Recent Articles
Vacation Simulator Floats on PSVR Tomorrow, Launch Trailer Video
Those who'd love to take a vacation if they could only get away from work may want to check out Vacation Simulator releasing tomorrow for PS VR on PlayStation 4. ☀ ⛱ 🥥🌴🌊 Owlchemy Labs Tech...
Some of the PlayStation 4 E3 2019 PS4 Trailer Videos!
We've seen a Watch Dogs: Legion PS4, Marvel Avengers: A-Day PS4 and some Final Fantasy VIII Remastered & Final Fantasy VII Remake PS4 videos from E3 2019, and below are several more PlayStation 4...
Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled Races to PS4 Next Week
CTR racers on your mark, get set, go... as Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled speeds onto PlayStation 4 next week. 🏎 🏁 Get ready to go fur-throttle in the fully-remastered and revved up to the max...
TurboGrafx-16 Mini, PC Engine Mini & PC Engine CoreGrafx Mini by Konami
A few months back we covered the Sega Genesis Mini reveal, and during E3 2019 Konami announced a TurboGrafx-16 Mini, PC Engine Mini and PC Engine CoreGrafx Mini on their official site for...