Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the mGBA Emulator PS4 port and Yabause Sega Saturn Emulator PS4 port, PlayStation 4 homebrew developer @zezu420 (aka Znullptr on Twitter) worked on a PCSXR (CodePlex Archive) PS4 port of the PlayStation emulator PCSX-Reloaded based on the PCSX-df Project. 🕹️

According to his Patreon page he's currently writing a PlayStation 4 usermode virtualizer, and although a public Package release of the Sony PlayStation PCSX-R emulator hasn't surfaced yet some demo videos of it in action from hyndrid (using a private test FPKG from Markus00095) are available from his YouTube Channel via Twitter running PSOne games Crash Bandicoot and Resident Evil on a PS4 5.05 jailbroken console.

:arrow: Update: A public PSX.PKG file is now available via Markus95 on Logic-Sunrise.com with a brief tutorial, roughly translated:

Download: psx.pkg (6.5 MB)
  • Install the fpkg PSX.pkg
  • Copy / paste your rom in .bin format to the root of your USB key by renaming it game.bin
  • Copy / paste by FTP memcard.mcr in data / pcsxr / ... (optional because the saves do not work)
  • Launch PSCX-R from your PS4 menu
  • Your game starts
PCSX-R on PS4 via Markus95's YouTube Channel
Check them out with a few related Tweets below, and to quote from the recent post update on switching to development of a PS4 virtualizer:

"Development of the various emulators on PS4 has been dropped. If you were supporting the emulators, I fully understand if you want to cancel your pledge. The modified source code will be released on github once I have time to clean it up and post.

The new development focus is a PS4 usermode virtualizer.

Going forward this account may or may not be used for the virtualizer project.

Thanks, -Z"

PCSXR PS4 5.05 Crash Bandicoot PSOne Full Speed
PCSXR PS4 5.05 Resident Evil PSOne
PlayStation Emulator For PS4 (By Znullptr) via MasterTurkey
How To Run PS1 Games On Your Modded PS4 With PCSXR Emulator + With GamePlay
Play Game PSX on PS4 5.05 via donatelo27
PCSXR on PS4, Tomb Raider 3 via mausfing
PCSX-R Emulator PS4 Port Crash Bandicoot & Resident Evil PSOne Demos.jpg

Comments

Ok I am testing it now .. here are the issues:
  • you must name the bin file to game.bin and one file only can be loaded only
  • the screen is not 16:9 but 4:3
  • the sound is buggy-glitchy
  • there is a slight frame rate issue
if the game has extra music .bin tracks they will not play.. only games with a complete bin with music packaged within the game itself will play sound

games I have tested and played a while are:
  • Rage racer - was able to play the game and come 3rd in a race
  • Tony hawk skating 4 - was able to play around on a track do some tricks
  • Crash team racing - was able to play ok
I hope someone can fix this because it's very promising ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back