Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter abzii       41      
Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you know ? A source or a proof ?
Personal experience. When you insert a game than needs a newer firmware, it tells you what firmware it needs. My PS4 was on 2.70 and I figured it was worth updating since 3.55 seems to be the magic number and 3.15 should be safe. As long as you have the PS4 set to not auto-update and you aren't connected to the internet, it will tell you what firmware its going to update to, and you have a chance to decline. Of course this method of checking requires the actual game, so if you buy one and it needs a newer firmware, then you either just wasted a bunch of money, or you will probably relent.

Unrelated, I also know that Atelier Sophie requires 3.50, and as a result, I no longer have a way to tell what firmware games that need less than 3.50 require. I can however still say which games work on a firmware lower than 3.50. A list of games working on "lower than" a safe firmware would be nice and easier to compile/maintain than a list of exact versions (hint to PSXHAX since such an elusive list would drive traffic to the site).

Another option is to compare the release date of the game and the release date of the firmware to see the worst case scenario.

Personal experience. When you insert a game than needs a newer firmware, it tells you what firmware it needs. My PS4 was on 2.70 and I figured it was worth updating since 3.55 seems to be the magic number and 3.15 should be safe. As long as you have the PS4 set to not auto-update and you aren't connected to the internet, it will tell you what firmware its going to update to, and you have a chance to decline. Of course this method of checking requires the actual game, so if you buy one and it needs a newer firmware, then you either just wasted a bunch of money, or you will probably relent.

Unrelated, I also know that Atelier Sophie requires 3.50, and as a result, I no longer have a way to tell what firmware games that need less than 3.50 require. I can however still say which games work on a firmware lower than 3.50. A list of games working on "lower than" a safe firmware would be nice and easier to compile/maintain than a list of exact versions (hint to PSXHAX since such an elusive list would drive traffic to the site).

Another option is to compare the release date of the game and the release date of the firmware to see the worst case scenario.

What setting can I block my PS4 not auto-update to ? I disabled internet anyway. And my PS4 is on 2.57.

What setting can I block my PS4 not auto-update to ? I disabled internet anyway. And my PS4 is on 2.57.

The only 100% sure setting is make sure the lan cables not plugged in and its set to use lan cable not wifi...just incase someone accidently ticks the connect to internet box and its set to use wifi and some unknown friend family etc updates it

Hello Everyone

I have ps4 on 3.50 and i do not want to update my ps4 and never connected to internet

But i want to play Uncharted 4,Witcher 3 wild hunt not goty

So which firmware is required to play these games....

Please response, so i can enjoy gaming ...

Any help will be really appreciated......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back