Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter puneet888       25      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't the problem that LIC.DAT is missing in the 4.81 backup after restoring?

Injecting to a 4.81 backup still shows EDAT files (ex. rw-rw-rw- 336 /dev_hdd0/game/NPEB90505/USRDIR/key.edat)

Best way would be getting your IDPS so you can inject directly to the copy-protected content.

If you have some time testing (I don't have a 4.81 console) I would suggest to try Method 1/2 combined with the 3rd, because I see that the game doesn't start because of wrong disc.

So I would try Method 3 afterwards, changing PARAM.SFO TitleID and PS3_GAME directory name to your Disc Game TitleID (newer game).

Here's how you could proceed:
1. Get your game and update ready with Method 1
2. Open PARAM.SFO file of your game (and update?) and change the TitleID to any game you own as Disc Game (look for the newest game)
3. Don't forget to rename your game and update folder to the disc TitleID too. (you should have a folder BLXX12345 and BLXX12345GAME)
3. Inject both folders to your backup and try running the game via Disc Game or directly choosing the game on the XMB

Maybe it could do some magic, but I didn't test it myself.
Hi i just tried this method using NFS rivals and COD ghosts disc i injected NFS and when i tried opening NFS it says an error occurred during the start operation and when i start COD disc game it gives error 8001003E (to play this game you need to insert the following disc. insert the disc, and then start the game again).

guys i was thinking since the error is param.sfo related could we grab the param.sfo of the disc game and replace the param.sfo of the game that we want to inject with it. (its probably a stupid idea).

Hi i just tried this method using NFS rivals and COD ghosts disc i injected NFS and when i tried opening NFS it says an error occurred during the start operation and when i start COD disc game it gives error 8001003E (to play this game you need to insert the following disc. insert the disc, and then start the game again).

guys i was thinking since the error is param.sfo related could we grab the param.sfo of the disc game and replace the param.sfo of the game that we want to inject with it. (its probably a stupid idea).
This method probably works only with old games. I would try NFS Carbon if you have it, this game got no LICDIR/LIC.DAT for ex.

I'm still wondering why we aren't a step further to get our IDPS on 4.70+ and playing our backups with no help from a CFW console.

Who really cares today about getting banned on a PS3 if your intention is to do this??.. we have the PS4 already devs.

Good day all,

What is really the usage of IDPS? i got an IDPS of my ps3 console when the OFW is 4.56 but i accidentally updated to OFW 4.80. I dont know how to use this IDPS to run CFW games without another PS3 console for DTU.

some say that if you have a IDPS, you can directly inject the CFW games directly to protected Archive2.dat
Please help....guys.

The IDPS is your unique console id also used for PSN identifying. (Remember PSID is not IPDS!)

You will be able to inject with your IDPS on the next release of my tool or you can try it manually with ps3xport if you know how to.

Just to be sure, I would recommend you to disonnect from the internet on the ps3 to get no ban. You can also update to 4.81 before doing this, the IDPS can be still used on the newest OFW as far as I know.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, i have IDPS not PSID. I will wait for your next release SvenGDK. Thank you so much.

I already injected a couple of C00 games and unlock it with edats using ps3xport in my ps3 console before i accidentally updated to 4.80 ofw. Now, those c00 games are on trial mode. It seems that edats do not work anymore in 4.80 ofw.

The IDPS is your unique console id also used for PSN identifying. (Remember PSID is not IPDS!)

You will be able to inject with your IDPS on the next release of my tool or you can try it manually with ps3xport if you know how to.

Just to be sure, I would recommend you to disonnect from the internet on the ps3 to get no ban. You can also update to 4.81 before doing this, the IDPS can be still used on the newest OFW as far as I know.
thank you for the reply i have a bunch of old games that have no lic.dat including NFS carbon i will try them today, and about the idps it would really help if we had our idps on 4.70+ consoles because then we could inject the games or lic.dats directly on archive2.dat.

Hey guys , i tested to inject to my PS3 OFW 4.81 Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMix and i got the error 80029530... KH2.5 dosen't have any update so what i can do for playing this game on my superslim ps3

I have also a PS3 OFW 4.81 Slim , do you think the model difference matter ?

(sry bad english im french :v)

This game was released in 2014 so it might have a newer LIC.DAT structure. Try a game released before 2010 using these methods. If you have a CFW PS3, you can try the DTU method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back