Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jun 23, 2016 at 9:57 PM       12      
Status
Not open for further replies.
PlayStation 3 homebrew developer francesco2013 recently announced a new open-source games manager he's been working on called PS3 Manager with demo version 0.32 currently available for testing followed by v0.33 below.

Download: PS3-Manager-master.zip / Latest Build Version / PS3 Manager GIT

Here's what he had to say about it, roughly translated: Hello to all, I am the developer of PS3 New Game Manager and are happy to announce I finished all operations on the code, and I completed the documentation thus making the software now available for download.

It gives me great pleasure to contribute to the community PS3 with my application and I am sure that like me you will find it really useful.

PS3 Games 0.30 Manager version (beta), and a completely new and revolutionary managers for the PlayStation 3. The software written in PHP and Javascript contains a number of new features that will make the administration of your games and your console a completely new experience :)

You can visit the website to address http://ps3-demo.fazionet.com/

On the site and you can also use the demo software and test its functions.

PS3 Game Manager and available for download on GitHub, find the link on the download page on the site.

Please let me know what you think and open requests for eventuality bugs or problems with the installation.

Thanks so much,

Francesco Fazio

:arrow: Below is some additional information from PS3 Manager's About Page, as follows:

About PS3 MANAGER

[ FOR WHO HAVE DOWNLOADED THE VERSION 0.30 or 0.31, PLEASE DELETE IT AND DOWNLOAD THIS ONE (0.32) ! THERE WAS A BUG THAT PREVENTED IT TO WORK ]

PS3 Games Manager version 0.32 (beta) is a totally new and revolutionary manager application for the PlayStation 3, that features a lot of new functions and makes managing your games a totally new experience.

I release it under GPL license and open source.

The software is written in PHP and Javascript, runs on Apache webserver (or any other webserver supporting PHP and running on Linux) and uses Webman APIs to control the PS3 remotely from any computer browser and any mobile device.

It completely eliminates the need to use Webman or Multiman with the joypad to launch games from the PS3 itself.

A version that will be able to run on a Windows webserver supporting PHP will be also released soon.

A brief list of the features is:
  • Automatic recognition of the game ISO fle and automatic download of the CD cover and all the game details from Metacritic (Game name, Release date, Score, Description, Publisher, Developer, Category)
  • Very nice web graphic interface and extremely easy to use.
  • Launch and Umount games straight from the web interface.
  • Reboot and Shutdown the PS3 from the web interface.
  • Enable disable game data for external USB drive connected to the PS3.
  • Monitors and displays CPU temp, Internal PS3 hd free space, USB external PS3 hd free space, Total number of games ISOs added.
  • Automatically keeps track of every time you play a game and counts the times adding a IOS style badge to the CD cover displayed on the web page search results.
  • Ajax js interface to search for game name, description, category, publisher, developer in real time.
  • Order results by Metacritic Score, Last played Games, Date Added Games, Games Never Played Yet, Name and Random selection.
  • Easy configuration and installation.
  • Voice recognition (English only so far).
  • Lots more features to come.
Requirements:
  • LAMP environment (Linux+MySQL+Apache+PHP) in a VM or on a real machine.
  • Network share folder containing the PS3 ISO files and PS3Netsrv++ to share the files with the PS3.
  • PS3 modded and Webman installed.
  • PS3 accessible via the internal network.
  • A lot of joy of playing :)
:arrow: PS3 Manager v0.33 - Bug fixes in Mobile version

Update: To quote from francesco2013 on Version 0.33: Hello,

I have noticed a little bug in the mobile version that it has been now fixed.

Download: Source code (zip) / Source code (tar.gz)

Please download again mobile.html, games_mobile.html, about.html and games.html from the main branch and overwrite those files into your web directory or download again the new release.

Thanks.

Francesco

PS3 Game Manager v0.32.jpg

Comments

I added a Latest Build Version link to the main article now... below is the current version changelog also for those interested:

PS3-Manager v0.34b:
  • Improved the Ajax search engine
  • Styled the html and improved the mobile website part.
  • Added voice recognition system to the mobile version
And some notes from francesco2013 as well:

There are quite a bit of commits with this version and my suggestion is to download the zip file and to overwrite the existing files.

Of course remember to move before your config.php and mysql_conf.php files to avoid overwriting them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back