Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 Jailbreaking       Thread starter skullcrazy99       7      
Status
Not open for further replies.

skullcrazy99

Contributor
Good morning, could you help me with this?

I have a super slim ps3 CECH4001B with unlock cobra ode. I inadvertently upgraded to 4.75 and lost the cobra.

How can I downgrade to 4.53? Or install a cfw. Please, if you can help me, I thank you very much.

I'm already breaking my head and nothing !! :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Unfortunately Sony has been blocking ODEs in recent PS3 OFW updates, here are some related changelog notes from GXArena:
  • 4.60 - This firmware update causes ODDE's to stop working
  • 4.55 - This firmware update causes ODDE's to stop working (on Super Slim at least, but it has since been fixed)
  • 4.50 - This firmware update implements auto download of system software updates, beware!
  • 4.45 - This firmware update is bad and was deleted by Sony. Reports of bricked PS3 consoles, now also known as the "death update".
As you can see above 4.60 there hasn't been another fix reported for ODE's and the official site let their domain expire so there may not be continued ODE support on newer Firmware versions.

That said, you can always look into the PS3 Data Transfer / Backup Injection / Converting PS3 CFW Games to OFW Methods if you don't want to swap the console for a PS3 on lower Firmware.

does anyone have the USB files for cobra ODE 4.53? My hard drive is bricked and I can't find effects files (or I'm stumped maybe) to change cobra ODE cfg. It is possible that i don't have the right order structure maybe.

The next problem is that all websites are down. I have found the ofw files from devs but here i must make changes and what i do dont work for me.

thanks for help

It's no surprise many of their sites are gone as the business model of those behind such for-profit devices was to cash grab while they could.

I may have the files you're seeking in my offline scene archives from the past 20+ years, but in order to search for them I'd need an exact file name (or the full names of the Cobra ODE USB files before or after the 4.53 you're seeking to use as a base reference).

I have forgotten this thread but unforgotten my PS3 :D

Ok, i have a PS3, 4C, Cobra ODE with FW 4.53. The Cobra light only is red. I use a USB Stick with fallow order in root: COBRA, manager.iso, browser.iso, cobra.cfg, cobra.db

Cobra.cfg:
Code:
manager.type=browser
manager.on_reboot=1
manager.on_eject=1
mcu.underclock=1
eject.on_selection=1
Anybody know where the error is?! Thanks

Edit: Sorry, i have make my own problem. I have here maybe 10 USB Sticks but then i have use one and he works now. From all my USB Sticks only work one... USB Hard Drive dont work but now the green Led work but only with a 8gb USB Stick. Next Problem, nothing isos are show me.

Anybody have an idea? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back