Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS3 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Nov 13, 2017 at 10:03 PM       65      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following their previous PlayStation 3 Firmware update, the PS3 4.81 CFW Versions and recent PS3 IDPS Dumper v0.2.1a PS3XPloit release, today Sony officially released a PS3 System Software 4.82 update which likely 'improves the quality of the system performance' similar to their last OFW revision meaning DO NOT UPDATE if you value using PS3 Custom Firmware, downgrading, homebrew, Webkit exploits, etc. :nolove:

Download: PS3 Firmware 4.82 (EU) Update / PS3 Firmware 4.82 (US) Update / PS3 Firmware 4.82 (AU/NZ) Update / PS3 Firmware 4.82 (JP) Update

If anyone tests out online PlayStation 3 version spoofers for PSN access and to help avoid bans let us know if they're working for you or not or try the How To Go Online PSN After 4.82 Update OFW Tutorial, although historically they do for a brief period (a week or so) after each PS3 Firmware update goes live.

According to Rebug PS3 CFW developer @Joonie the 4.82 PUP was compiled in August, which explains why the 4.81 / 4.82 payloads are the same and everything will work from v4.81 to v4.82 without porting. :thumbup:

Main features in system software update version 4.82:
  • This system software update improves the quality of the system performance.
As always, we'll revise this article when Sony updates their page with the official PS3 System Software Update 4.82 changelog alongside confirmation from users on what's patched or not patched in this latest PlayStation 3 4.82 Firmware version.

So far we've seen confirmation of DTU Injection and CFW2OFW Converted Games working on OFW 4.82 as reported by users. :D
Cheers to both @sealab and @UmarDaBest559 in the PSXHAX Shoutbox for the heads-up on this news! :beer::beer:
PS3 System Software 4.82 Update Live, Don't Update Your Firmware!.jpg

Comments

I can't test it because :
  1. My internet is just 2Mb (venezuela)
  2. I didn't have a flasher
  3. if i find something it will take about 5 days to get up here (15kbps uploading)
I want but i cant :cry:

I was modifying 4.81 pup and I accidently updated to 4.82 not knowing anything but I tested dump idps on my slim ofw and everything works fine except that it stays on "please remain patient until console beeps" 20 mins and nothing so i'm guessing it's patched.

it looks like sony puts a date on some of its files inside the .pup file does anyone think that gives an idea to how long sony has been working on this update?

Nah i think they patched it the webkit exploit has been out longer in early july but if it wasn't a exploit patch then everyone got lucky no one update from 4.81 or 4.82 cause anything over there is a patch

I actually thought I missed 4.82 exploit just like I missed 3.55 exploit anyways keep up the work can't wait for a full access to 4.82 :)

I was modifying 4.81 pup and I accidently updated to 4.82 not knowing anything but I tested dump idps on my slim ofw and everything works fine except that it stays on "please remain patient until console beeps" 20 mins and nothing so i'm guessing it's patched.
wait...you are on 4.82, you ran the exploit, and it still beeped??? :confused:

anything on flash drive?

nevermind... i read wrong, i think :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back