Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter barelynotlegal       16      
Status
Not open for further replies.
@psxmod my console has 3 flat cables Cuh1115-A. Only remove pcb once and removed ribbons carefully. Think first 2 times I forgot to push little metal tab for big ribbon.

The noise sounds like maybe the wide laser ribbon(?) is in the way,when laser moves. Was fine before. Is there a way to remove to look at top of drive without removing heatsink bolts on top?

You can easily remove the metal plate on top off the drive by unscrewing 4 bolts (otherside of the pcb), then you have a clear view to move the laser module and see if its obstructed somehow. I have never experienced obstruction though but its good to check if you suspect the laser cant move around. Also check the rollers..if they are stuck or outlined they can obstruct the disc from moving properly and gives ugly noises.

Hope it makes sense to you..english is not my native language :)

NICE! I been trying to dump a few of my games and I think I pinpointed the noise, maybe the screw. You use to manually eject is clicking it. Sounds like it. Might tear into it tomorrow. Kyp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back