Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Feb 6, 2016 at 4:40 PM       101      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following rumors of a PS4 Jailbreak USB Whistle & CFW, today juampa21 of ConsoleCrunch.com reports news of an upcoming PS4 Cobra USB Game Emulator (DRM Device) with details below.

To quote: "Hello dear crunchers its juampa21 and today I bring you some exciting news about the PS4 scene!

So according to the Cobra Team they are planning to announce and release the COBRA USB PS4 game emulator which will make PS4 users be able to enable homebrew applications and may allow play non-copyrighted downloaded games on their PS4 system!

Here i provide you some images about the post!"

That said, if anyone has an account there and can mirror the pictures elsewhere we'll add them to this article as well. ;)

:alert: PSA: For those considering such a DRM device, keep in mind the notorious history of ringleaders Max Louarn (aka MAXiMiLiEN of Paradox) and Gary Wayne Bowser (aka GaryOPA) of the Cobra Team... over the years they've profited from countless scene developers work wrapping it in their own digital rights management packages including the original PSJailbreak, TrueBlue dongle, etc instead of keeping the scene FREE and OPEN SOURCE.

Spoiler

Thanks @sEKTOR for the news tip! :)

Updated from Wololo, to quote: ''So is this a mutating rumor here? The author of the originating “news” does not point to any source for his information, and has been a member of the forum where the rumor was initially posted, for less than 2 month.

I contacted people close to the Cobra team who have told me Team Cobra is not currently working on the PS4. The only ongoing known project of Team Cobra is the Cobra Blackfin for PS Vita, which has been significantly delayed for unknown reasons (we’re following up on that). In other words, this new rumor is most likely the h3ck34 fake mutating into something slightly different."

Download: BF_manual.rar / Blackfin-1.0.rar / ADI Blackfin GNU Toolchain / Blackfin SDK / EVAL-ADICUP360
I add from myself: it seems all is not as it should be. although it was clear that the cobra has been psvita (by sEKTOR).
PS4_Cobra_USB.jpg

Comments

its very nice to just sit and be alone with ones thoughts knowing everything passes by completely just like time as it winds down to a abrupt end

I seen that I had messages regarding if Im going to test this or anything when it comes out. I haven't been contacted by anyone to test this but I'll try and get a hold of them and see if I can do so. Thanks all.

I have bin watching these guys now since the very beginning of the scene and I think it's time ppl shod know is what they say on the forums in fact is half lies.

They also hold the keys to the newest systems aswel except they are missing one key. All there work is based off of open software and some is purchased software aswel if you look thro there stuff you wod know.

I purchased a cobra dongle yrs ago 24 hrs later I wasn't even using it there is tons of backdoor to all there work if you watch on the handling of the systems or dongle. Dongles are easly cracked under pressure even there anti-backups mechanism codnt handle what I did.

Now as far as the so called missing rop toolchain this is also a far fetched lie I've had it the whole time and have used it to do other things other then it was ment 2. As a Dev we shod be working together not about money you think this is legit what's the difference between cfw and backing up games from torrents?

Depending on each belief we all share. each hw device made I've cracked over and over again and will keep doing it while the scene has become a place for this kinda stuff going on but you are only using what's available if you know where to look. Pgp keys gnu software lmao and using patching as a vulnerability now what they don't know how to do is defeat the latest security which is easily cracked but requires a group of individuals who understands and enjoys this and not in it for profit and have lost touch with the scene.

As members of these forums if we want to do this and learn anything we all need to work together and learn this is far more then any1 man or woman.

Right now these cfw we are using has things in them which can be monitored and can also be broke which I did some time ago when I made a release it cleaned up your system and removed the garbage with a single pkg installed it wasn't seen cuz of my methods and what I did and how I did it nor was it a signing trick or swap file trick or anything remotely close to every release since the beginning.

I will continue to watch and work I'm not pointing fingers and not saying some of us are not good I'm saying it's time we come together as one and make a stance for our beliefs

I have bin watching these guys now since the very beginning of the scene and I think it's time ppl shod know is what they say on the forums in fact is half lies.

They also hold the keys to the newest systems aswel except they are missing one key. All there work is based off of open software and some is purchased software aswel if you look thro there stuff you wod know.

I purchased a cobra dongle yrs ago 24 hrs later I wasn't even using it there is tons of backdoor to all there work if you watch on the handling of the systems or dongle. Dongles are easly cracked under pressure even there anti-backups mechanism codnt handle what I did.

Now as far as the so called missing rop toolchain this is also a far fetched lie I've had it the whole time and have used it to do other things other then it was ment 2. As a Dev we shod be working together not about money you think this is legit what's the difference between cfw and backing up games from torrents?

Depending on each belief we all share. each hw device made I've cracked over and over again and will keep doing it while the scene has become a place for this kinda stuff going on but you are only using what's available if you know where to look. Pgp keys gnu software lmao and using patching as a vulnerability now what they don't know how to do is defeat the latest security which is easily cracked but requires a group of individuals who understands and enjoys this and not in it for profit and have lost touch with the scene.

As members of these forums if we want to do this and learn anything we all need to work together and learn this is far more then any1 man or woman.

Right now these cfw we are using has things in them which can be monitored and can also be broke which I did some time ago when I made a release it cleaned up your system and removed the garbage with a single pkg installed it wasn't seen cuz of my methods and what I did and how I did it nor was it a signing trick or swap file trick or anything remotely close to every release since the beginning.

I will continue to watch and work I'm not pointing fingers and not saying some of us are not good I'm saying it's time we come together as one and make a stance for our beliefs
aha many words - nothing more.

i agree that dongles are money gathers but look on the other point of view.

Right now we don't have anything released. We are at zero. We know that some have the keys but they don't release for their reason. If someone release a dongle we will have something. (yes it will no be free, although it should) but then we will make a step forward. It will be better then nothing.

since people seem to think our words are of no value

maybe they should not be rewarded with anything at all
people ask for cfw then drive the devs crazy with what can you do now or release release release
many should thank ppl like dean
inistead of driving ppl insane
i think people forget theres a life out of making things happen
for the end user who has no sense of empathy
or any compassion for the hard work's that done

these devs and many more now turn to profit because you ppl cant get your grubby paws of their work and even say thanks

and you wonder why the damn dongles exist.
one more thing... lets be honest .. do you guys think this is all done for your benefit and enjoyment to pirate things you could pay for

they do it for the joy of what skills it brings out of them
or what challenges that come ahead. they ask for nothing in return but a simple thank you or a person that appreciates and understand what is done for them
never has your i want something free so i should get it ever been their damn mentality or reasoning. but go. your easy targets for money.

i dont care and you probly dont too. but hey he who laughs last laughs best. as the saying goes.

I believe now is not the time to plant empty talk, not only left a lot of time and that can be in the processing on github.

I still stand by what I posted HERE for the moment, which would mean wololo's claim that it's fake is incorrect or perhaps he's covering for them. ;)

This is what Max / Cobra's promoter garyopa posted on his dongle-peddling, scene-profiteering site today in part: "as the PS3 chapter starts to wind down and its far still long way from ending, a new chapter is already forming the era of the PS4, and we are looking forward to bringing super-duper exclusive news in that front in the very near future, so stay tuned"

Let's just hope if another DRM for-profit device comes it will be reverse-engineered by the scene for free :D

I still stand by what I posted HERE for the moment, which would mean wololo's claim that it's fake is incorrect or perhaps he's covering for them. ;)

This is what Max / Cobra's promoter garyopa posted on his dongle-peddling, scene-profiteering site today in part: "as the PS3 chapter starts to wind down and its far still long way from ending, a new chapter is already forming the era of the PS4, and we are looking forward to bringing super-duper exclusive news in that front in the very near future, so stay tuned"

Let's just hope if another DRM for-profit device comes it will be reverse-engineered by the scene for free :D
As much as I like to see things are free that is not the case whether it's the ppl by purchasing these dongles or R.E who buys it to destroy it.

I know the truth but for now I will let things stand as they are I have my inside sources just like any1 else.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back