Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Help       Thread starter psyfer9983       3      
Status
Not open for further replies.

psyfer9983

Contributor
Hello, this should have been asked before but couldn't find it. I'm thinking of getting a new HDD for my PS4. Like the title, what's the known confirmed max hard drive size that the PS4 can use?

I'm going to get at least a 4TB but may go bigger if cost isn't too much. Just want to know the limits.

Hi,
For your internal HDD you are physically limited to 9mm thickness. AFAIK, the biggest capacity available for "regular/mechanical" HDDs with this thickness is 2TB. SSDs do not have this inconvenience: the maximum logical space recognized by the PS4 is 8TB.

Beware: the number of installed games/apps is limited as outlined by @grabman in the videos HERE to 1,000 on the internal drive and 1,000 on the external drive.

Anyway, CAUTION: backup your user profile and your app.db with GoldHen before processing, or you'll lose all licenses for your legally owned digital purchases, making a FW upgrade mandatory in order to connect to PSN and restore them (and losing JB, of course...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back