Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter CnCore       27      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the previous release, today Sony updated their PlayStation 4 System Software to PS4 Firmware Update 4.01 with details below.

Download: PS4 Firmware 4.01 Update (US) / PS4 Firmware 4.01 Update (EU) / PS4 Firmware 4.01 Update (UK) / PS4 Firmware 4.01 Update (AU/NZ) / PS4 Firmware 4.01 Update (JP)

PS4 System Software Update 4.01 via Sony's Official Website:

Main features in system software update 4.01

New for 4.01
  • The voice chat feature in parties has been improved for some circumstances.
  • This system software update improves the quality of the system performance.
As always if you're on a lower PlayStation 4 Firmware version it's not advisable to update if you're interested in the PS4 Playground for 3.55 or jailbreaking your PS4, running homebrew and PlayStation 4 backup games when such an exploit arrives.

From the PSXHAX Shoutbox comes confirmation by WhiteOverfl0w of PSProxy being patched in 4.01 OFW:
Spoiler
Also be aware RedEyeX32 tweeted he's looking into getting his PSProxy PS4 Update Bypasser working again! :D
Cheers to @B7U3 C50SS for sharing the tweet in the Shoutbox!
PS4 Firmware Update 4.01.jpg

Firmware 4.0 is a major update with HDR support, folders and quickmenu, btw it takes a year to get working CFW and I want to play upcoming 2017 games... that's why I keep it on 4.0 and wait patiently! :whistle:

Firmware 4.0 is a major update with HDR support, folders and quickmenu, btw it takes a year to get working CFW and I want to play upcoming 2017 games... that's why I keep it on 4.0 and wait patiently! :whistle:
To see HDR you need display with it.

Folders? Yes. Big innovation. 3 years to make folders!

To see HDR you need display with it.

Folders? Yes. Big innovation. 3 years to make folders!
My TV support HDR and I find games a LOT more real with HDR on, specially in daylight and open environments like GTA, Farcry and Fallout for example. HDR is more effective than 4K when it comes to picture quality and realism.

yeah folder feature is not that cool, but still good to place all Sony's junk apps in a "Junk" folder to keep home screen clean! :p

This game was made before HDR was released on ps4. :) I think that work of your TV settings
Hmm...I have 2 HDR options, one in my TV and one in my firmware 4.0 on PS4.

You mean the game need to be optimzed for HDR as well?
then my bad, looks like fake HDR using Samsung TV color correction! LOL

I thought PS4's HDR option is effective, my mistake, thanks bro, cheers

Logged into PS4 today after seeing possible 4.0 CFW on the way and see i hadn't turned off update while in rest mode!! Now I still have 4.0 installed, but the 4.01 update is downloaded ready to go and all I would have to do is hit install.

Am I safe if CFW works for 4.0 like 3.55 even with 4.01 a on the HDD a button click away, but not yet installed? Hoping the proxy app gets patched for 4.0 machines. Thinking I may buy a PS4 slim used and see i I can catch it on 3.55!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back