Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Help       Thread starter naxil       1      
Status
Not open for further replies.

naxil

Contributor
Verified
hello i have a belize normal ps4, i use fedora38 by DF_AUS and is some days i have this problem. Video artifact on opengl / Vulkan / problem on Retroarch / PPSSPP etc... and i have deactivate all gpu accelleration on Browser (chrome://flags) or i can't browse properly. IDK what i have do if i have update mesa because with this distro is strange how update works.

For example dnf update here download kernel 6* file but obviusly the system not update the kernel because kernel is BzImage (and we need to update manually with right patch for make the bzimage if i have correct understood).

if anyone know how to solve please help me! thank you very much!

20231209-210318.jpg

Duckstation not work anymore and before go to 60fps without problem... that the verbose of the program
Spoiler: verbose

Solution
I found the solution!!! (i hope i haven't reboot) 1 night without sleep... but this is linux.. try and error...
this is mesa 22.01 with all dependencies from zerobou! and fortune the file is here on forum AFTER a year!!!!

DON'T USE:
Code:
sudo dnf update -x kernel,libdrm,mesa,xorg-x11-drv-a
because the new mesa isn't patched for ps4... and kernel* is logical useless... with bzimage... you need to download the file from mega extract it somewhere and use:
Code:
rpm -Uvh --oldpackage --force --nodeps *.rpm
inside the two folder i686 and x86_64

logic use this method is a force of downgrade the mesa with all deps.. because if you not have all deps you mess the system with force installation...
I found the solution!!! (i hope i haven't reboot) 1 night without sleep... but this is linux.. try and error...
this is mesa 22.01 with all dependencies from zerobou! and fortune the file is here on forum AFTER a year!!!!

DON'T USE:
Code:
sudo dnf update -x kernel,libdrm,mesa,xorg-x11-drv-a
because the new mesa isn't patched for ps4... and kernel* is logical useless... with bzimage... you need to download the file from mega extract it somewhere and use:
Code:
rpm -Uvh --oldpackage --force --nodeps *.rpm
inside the two folder i686 and x86_64

logic use this method is a force of downgrade the mesa with all deps.. because if you not have all deps you mess the system with force installation of rpm deb etc... i hope is the last problem..

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back