Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Help       Thread starter shakangel       1      
Status
Not open for further replies.

shakangel

Contributor
Verified
Hello guys!!

I repair PS4 consoles on my spare time as a hobby. So far I've worked mostly on dead PSU's, HD encoder IC's replacement, southbridge IC replacement, APU reballing, etc. Mostly hardware level faults.

Recently I revived a PS4 Slim that had a dead PSU but whenever I place a game (disc or digital downloaded) the game starts and after some random time it crashes with this error code CE-34224-5 saying the data is corrupted. I've tried múltiple games (Bloodborne, Dragonball Xenoverse 2, Rayman, etc) and same behavior.

To try to fix I've swapped for a known good HDD and reinstalled the latest firmware, rebuild database, reinitialized PS4 and reinstalled licenses but still same error. This other hdd works fine on another PS4 Slim. I've searched on Google and YouTube but only same basic troubleshooting methods listed above pop up in the results.

If it helps the board number is SAD-001 and I've searched for any obvious signs of internal component damage but found nothing so far. The board is in impecable state as far as I can tell but maybe a component has shifted it's value (resistor maybe). Any ideas?

Is it worth maybe changing the Southbridge? I can see the traces for the hdd Sata lines go to it underneath the chip but I'm not sure if the southbridge may be responsible for such a weird software level error.

Any help or guidance would be highly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Solution
Fixed!

I know it's an old post from me but regardless maybe it will help someone in the future. I fixed this by dumping the NOR, erasing the chip and then reflashing the NOR with the original dump. I know it sounds weird but it worked. Maybe some type of corruption in the unpopulated areas of the flash or something that was solved by erasing the chip. Anyways if someone tries and it's successful as well give a heads up for the rest.
Fixed!

I know it's an old post from me but regardless maybe it will help someone in the future. I fixed this by dumping the NOR, erasing the chip and then reflashing the NOR with the original dump. I know it sounds weird but it worked. Maybe some type of corruption in the unpopulated areas of the flash or something that was solved by erasing the chip. Anyways if someone tries and it's successful as well give a heads up for the rest.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back