Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hitmanran97

Contributor
2 days ago when I tried to sign in to psn I was prompted with a message stating "Access to Psn network by this account has been banned due to violations of psn network terms of service and agreement" (WS-37368-7)

I was in shock and immediately contacted psn support but that wasnt much of a help! They couldnt provide me with a valid reason as to why my account is banned but they were able to inform me that my account is actually PERMA-BANNED due to a violation of psn network bla bla!

Ive spent thousands of dollars on this account and was progressed very far in a few games and I just about sold my ps4 and said screw my gaming career! Upon further thought I just cannot accept this without knowing the reason as to why i got banned!

So ive been searching tons of forums etc to get help still to no avail! Just yesterday i got an email from "Playstation Store" saying that backup software has been detected on my ps3 system and as a result my account (main account on ps4) has been permanently banned!

So does this mean that my old jbroke ps3 that i havent used in about a year just randomly got detected and since my main account on the ps3 is the same as the one on my ps4 I get screwed over like that??

Like its giving me grey hairz trying to figure this out. And just how did they detect my Jbroke ps3 randomly out of the blue.. Any help will be much appreciated, thanks

What is known thus far on WS-37368-7 (0x82e01050):

From Sony's site: WS-37368-7 PSN Error Code

This PSN account has been banned

This Sony Entertainment Network ("SEN") account has been temporarily suspended from accessing SEN services for violating our Terms of Service and User Agreement. Please check the e-mail account associated with the account for further information.

And we have a longer discussion thread HERE on bans and some ways to try getting around them (mostly common sense stuff).

As for your question about whether Sony would ban your PS4 or PSN account because you had an old jailbroken/modded PS3 you haven't used in about a year... it does sound hard to believe, but it wouldn't surprise me either.

Have you or anyone else (friends, family, etc) went online with it at all, or has it even been connected to the Internet where it can automatically try to update or communicate with their servers to flag it out of the blue?

Might have turned the ps3 on once in the past year but no it has never been connected and left turned on or connected where it could try to updateor communicate with servers!

Since i have not much use for my Jbroke ps3 these days would installing the latest firmware from sony result in my account getting unbanned ?? No eh

I've never read of any direct correlation between installing OFW (Official Firmware) on top of CFW (Custom Firmware) to magically 'fix' or unban the console on Sony's servers.

If it was that easy, people would do that all the time (play online legit, play offline backup games, rinse and repeat) and none of the Dual Boot Firmware would ever have been necessary for PS3.

If the ban is on your PSN account then that is where I'd start, either calling Sony multiple times asking for more and more details until you finally get a decent rep who will actually help you by letting you know the specifics and a possible unban date... or creating a new account and seeing if you register the PS4 (but not the modded PS3) under it if it gets banned automatically also or not.

I do have another account on my ps4 that works fine. Guess i was dumb to have left my main account that im using on ps4 as the main account on the modded Ps3!

Had so much on that account, basically my only option is to keep callin sony hoping they explain in full detail the reason for the account ban and hoping they lift it? Sounds like Mission Impossible to me bro Lolll thanks for ur help

I hear ya, persistence pays off.. sometimes anyway :)

It's worth a try.. otherwise you're left getting a new Console ID for the banned PS3 and then setting up a new account for it in hopes they don't detect and ban it again.

It's not out of the blue, it's quite common that account will be banned it's just taking time as push list is ALWAYS send from ps3 on any internet connection you do not have to even sign to psn , as for account you can forget it will be unbanned as you broke TOS and u should feel lucky that ps4 was not banned as well , you better delete banned account from ps4 before ps4 will get banned as a unit/console as they can do this as well and u won't do :poop: about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back