Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Nov 19, 2018 at 4:00 AM       40      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the previous exploit documentation release and ongoing PS4 WebKit / Jailbreak updates, today PlayStation 4 developer @CelesteBlue has made available PS4Brew 4.74 via Twitter which is a PS4 Kernel Exploit and live demo for those stuck on PS4 4.74 Firmware who are unable to update their consoles due to a broken Blu-ray drive. :love:

PS4 4.74 Kexploit and Payloads: Live Demo / Mirror by zecoxao / Mirror by @pearlxcore / Mirror by @EdiTzZ / Github / ps4-dumper-vtx.rar (347.96 KB) / ps4-ftp-vtx.rar (361.50 KB) / browser_from_rpsplus.rar (70.74 KB) / ps4-ftp-vtx.bin (17.0 KB) / browser.bin (2.2 KB) / ps4-ftp-vtx.bin (17.12 KB - with update blocker) / fake_installer.bin (19.38 KB - 4.74 HEN) / ps4-fake-474.rar (58.65 KB - Latest Source) / EP9000-CUSA07410_00-474nobd-GODOFWAR-A0101-V0100.pkg (50.88 MB) / ps4-fake-474.7z (34.30 KB - added external FPKG support to HEN 4.74 test fake_installer.bin inside fake_installer folder) / PS4HEN 4.74 GIT (Homebrew ENabler for 4.74 PS4 Consoles without Blu-ray) / PS4-Linux-Loader.7z (148.59 KB - 4.74 Payload) / psxitarch-474.7z (272.36 KB - Fixed Offsets) / PS4 Fan Control 4.74 Payload Port / ps4-ftp-vtx-474.7z (323.52 KB - Fixed)

From his Tweet embedded below he also gives props to both @SpecterDev and @zecoxao stating, to quote: "Please for Credits, dont forget Specter as he made what nobody was able to do: create a working 4.74 JOP chain + a better ROP kdumper. I did webkit part (6 months ago) and kernel patches part. zecoxao did coding according to my patches, and tested on his 4.74 PS4."

Also making rounds on Twitter in the PS4 Linux scene and beyond today:
Download: VID_20190128_195428.mkv (6.72 MB)
Download: 474_fself.bin (1.61 MB)
PS4Brew 4.74 PlayStation 4 Kernel Exploit by CelesteBlue Arrives.jpg

Comments

Exactly, i think it should be considered as a workaround for those unable to update to 5.05 as ecploit enables this. So this is not a step back like @salah 360 says haha, still one forward

Whats the deal with the Bluray drive? I fix PS4s for a living and I haven't seen any update-ruining issues....

What, is the Renesas chip dying or something?

If not, I don't see the issue that could cause the BD Drive to prevent an update... Am I missing something?

example console is on 5.00 and cant play disk based games hdd drive fails on said console with blown daughterboard fuses f203 and f501. upon trying to install new hdd and reinstall firmware it will error out and be stuck in safe mode.
renesus chip doesnt usually fail to often but the fuses do especially f203

I can't remember the number, but the lowest fuse, which is related to the motor IC blows due to the motor itself. Replacing the fuse AND the motor = problem solved.

Stuck in safe mode? Geez, I'd really love to have a console with this issue - If its not the Renesas then its essentially no big deal. Worse case swap your Renesas into a new board.

spot on mate i pulled the fuses and motor from spare donor leftovers got it going again was a example not everyone knows about efuses and renasas swaps

if you are still on the north side i could drop u out a board or 2 to fart around with 1 in particular has been doing my head in for a while now shoot me a pm bud

@BwE
we who can deal with our own consoles or have tech skills are a minority, so this exploit could be the solution for everyone, even for us in some cases.

you forget many people around the world cant access to the service or support properly or are miles away from that.

a software solution is so valid as the hardware one.

It doesn't seem like its worth it. It will restrict the games that you can play also. Id just fix the issue. There are lots of things even complete novices can do if they're taught properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back