Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Guides and Tutorials       Thread starter devi0us       Start date Apr 21, 2017 at 9:26 PM       73      
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if some users got slow download speed when downloading from Sony's sever (even when downloading from another servers than Sony are faster) !!

So I made this tut for people like myself whom prefer downloading from PC!

In this method we are gonna grab the game data from Sony's server with a computer specially with IDM for better speed downloading... as if you notice some people are not very easy with PS4's downloading speed.

Tools You Need:

1. PSX Download Helper LINK: (psx.zip / Mirror - 897.28 KB)

2. A PC/LAPTOP

3. LAN Cable (ONE = FAST TRANSFER for NORMAL DOWNLOAD | TWO = FAST TRANSFER for FASTER DOWNLOAD)

4. PSX Link Generator LINK: (lgn.zip / Mirror - 201.1 KB)

5. A USB Ethernet Kit with drivers installed (ONLY IF USING TWO LAN CABLE METHOD)

6. A Working Internet Connection And A Modem

I. PREPARING THE REQUIREMENTS
TWO CABLE MODE (BETTER)

1. Connect the modem with cable to usb controller (or the internal Ethernet hub of your laptop).

2. Connect another cable to PS4 from Laptop.

3. In your laptop go to Internet connection settings and then go to change adaptor settings.

4. In this section go to the properties of adaptor that have the internet (that's connected to the modem)

5. Go to sharing tab and enable sharing for adapter thats connected to PS4 console.

If you use "one cable mode" you should use wifi adaptor and wireless connectivity to use the wifi network adapter as sharing adapter to the Ethernet hub that connected to the PS4... but remember downloading the games from Sony server is faster with lan cable than wifi (for all)

6. Run PSX download helper and write the IP address that showed up here and dont press nothing. (check off that it should be the ipv4's of adapter that connected to PS4)

PREPARING THE PS4 CONSOLE

1. Go to settings and then network.

2. Go to connect to internet and chose lan cable.

3. Use automatic in whole questions except *** PROXY *** and set the PROXY value to IP address that showed in PSX download helper in PC.

4. Save the settings and sit back for next episode :D

PREPARING THE PSX DOWNLOAD HELPER

1. Go to PSX download helper and press the big white button.

2. The program is Chinese and we all prefer english (not if we are Chinese) so we need to change the language. Go to fifth tab thats the setting. the sliding menu is for language so open it up and chose English. restart the app for taking effect!

3. Enable all the options except "enable custom parsing" and let it unticked.

4. Select apply.

II. DOWNLOAD PS4 GAME DATA WITH PC FROM SONY SERVER
1. Go to your console and open notification center then chose downloads.

2. Start a download and you will see PSX app will get the requested link by PS4 console. after getting the link stop the download from PS4.

3. Copy the link using copy button of PSX app and then open PSX link generator app.

4. Paste the link and chose generate. wait for process.

5. Download all the generated files in single folder and name the folder as game's name. ex: battlefield1

6. Go to the settings tab and chose the game folder you made with first box ticked.

7. Start the download again and you should get a fast download like +50mb! your download may start late because of downloading a small DP file.

8. In many cases in middle of the download your download speed become slow, thats because of update package. when you noticed slow speed stop the download.

Go to the PSX app and you will see a new link like "A***_0.PKG" or " A***.PKG" is being requested. Do the same method with ps4 link generator for update files and download them into game's folder.

9. After having both download and base game data continue your download and your game should finish the installing in fastest time.

Expected transfer speed: i transfer 15GB in 4 minutes with CAT6 lan cable and core i5 laptop. Many says windows 10 and 8 are better for transferring. In some rare cases you should redo all adapter sharing section in every restart.
PSX Download Helper Transfer PS4 Game Data via PC Guide.jpg

Comments

does any body know how to increase the speed of transferring ?
i used Cat 6 but the maximum speed is 10 MB/s
it takes hour and half to transfers fifa 19 (50GB)

I have a query:
Can i transfer the game if i do not have downloaded started on my PS4 (or if i start downloading some game and transfer the other)

thanks

Is this software still available? The link above won't work for me, and I can't find a working download link anywhere else. If this particular software is not available, is there another solution to download PS4 games to PC or Mac?

That is, to later install to PS4? I would like to download a game(s) while at my ex's, as I currently do not have a strong internet connection at home. Her son, btw, has a PS4 as well.

Thanks a bunch! For the record, before I came back here again, I tried downloading a game while using Extended Storage, and later copied the game to my own PS4. This method works just fine, the method works by connecting and setting up extended storage to use, where the PS4 will then install games by default. Then, you can later move that game to another PS4 from the System Settings screen.

So, this achieves my main objective just fine, whereas using PSX Download Helper would give me another copy of the game on my PC, but this is the only real advantage of using PSX Download Helper over using the Extended Storage method.

I had previously read or heard somewhere that you cannot use Extended Storage to copy a game from one PS4 to another. I found this while researching this. As I said above, this method worked fine for me, whereas using PSX Download Helper would give a backup copy of the game on your PC.

I was not able to copy the game to or from either PS4, so maybe the limitation is in copying games or apps, while one can use this method to move games/apps. Perhaps it is only copying that is not allowed.

Also, using the Extended Storage, you must use an external hard drive using USB 3.0, and it must have at least 250 GB of free storage. It also seems that the external drive must be formatted from the PS4.

Hey there, thanks for the guide !

I have successfully installed and downloaded an update but my aim is to downgrade it. So I've tried to replace the new update with old files but the PS4 doesn’t want it, installation failed... you can apply only last updates files ?

Thanks

Hello. I have a problem here. While in downloading the update from my PC with psx download helper to my PS4 the download just STOP and is possible to finish de update. What's the problem there?

Have you downloaded all the files necessary? Maybe you're in a similar situation as me. The link to psx link generator is dead and I have to download my files one at a time, waiting on psx download helper to spit out a new link for another file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back