Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently @oneman123 shared some screenshots on Twitter of the Reicast (GIT) multiplatform Sega Dreamcast Emulator PS4 port currently in development by @zezu420 (aka Znullptr on Twitter or dmiller423 on Github / Patreon page) with a Reicast PS4 Beta demonstration video showing some Rayman 2 gameplay from @DarkElementPL's YouTube Channel via Twitter. :geek:

According to the PlayStation 4 developer's Tweets below on a public release, to quote: "eta: wen it's ready, seriously though might just release the next beta the graphics issues won't be fixed without writing a gnm renderer due to complete lack of extensions in the vsh gles2 wrapper. When someone ports the linux video driver to a proper GL4+ library it will fix."

Download: reicast.pkg (33.0 MB) / reicast-beta2.pkg (33.0 MB) / Reicast_beta3.rar (31.6 MB)

Reicast Beta PS4 - Rayman 2 Gameplay

From the video's description: Headphone users: put your volume down, unless you enjoy stuttered audio

NOTE: THIS EMULATOR IS STILL IN BETA AND DOES NOT RESEMBLE THE FINAL PRODUCT Gameplay of Rayman 2 on Reicast Beta, the Dreamcast emulator!

There's big audio issues and performance isn't great, it's still amazing progress considering amount of homebrew on the PS4!

Reicast Beta PS4 Jailbreak 5.05
Reicast Beta Emulator For PS4 (Homebrew) by MasterTurkey
Reicast Centipede Ps4 5.05 work 9/10
Another World on PS4 with Reicast
Doom on PS4 with Reicast
Atari 2600 on PS4 with Reicast
Wolfenstein 3D on PS4 with Reicast
MAME on PS4 with Reicast
Reicast for PS4 Installation + Setup - Dreamcast Emulator for PS4
Reicast: Dreamcast Emulator For The PS4 (BETA-WIP)
Reicast Sega Dreamcast Emulator PS4 Port in Development, Demo Video.jpg

Comments

I turn on my ps4 last saturday, and it was on 5.05 :D
so I did the jailbreak and seeing this makes me happy :)

been so long that don't know when i turn it last on.

But seeing a port of a good dc emulator coming to ps4 is Sw33T

Yeah same here, i have not turn on my ps4 for ages. This will change all that :LOL:
I love the dreamcast! Had one back in the day.

Can't wait for this!

@MasterTurkey It's the stock Xenforo 2 style for the most part, and as they're one of the leading forum software companies these days it's what the majority prefer... especially for mobile devices. :geek:

is there an easy guide so I can add dremacast iso to this and can I create my own pkg with all iso as well ?

or has someone put a pkg together of this ?

anyone tried daytona usa ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back